Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk/Balogun?

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Dunk has been immense for us BUT he let Kane get away from him in almost exactly the same position as Mitrovic did in the last home game. It was suggested he had come back too early. However the solid displays from Balogun when he stood in for him make me think he should be starting at the moment -especially to deal with the pace and movement we are going to face next week. Thoughts?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not been his best this season has Dunk, and looked a bit iffy since returning from injury.

Apart from selling Bissouma short with that FK debacle at Anfield I think Balogun has done well and looked solid and is probably scratching his head as to why he's been dropped.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not been his best this season has Dunk, and looked a bit iffy since returning from injury.

Apart from selling Bissouma short with that FK debacle at Anfield I think Balogun has done well and looked solid and is probably scratching his head as to why he's been dropped.

This.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Dunk is having a dip in form , happens to all players at some stage just look how Duffy was below par last season for various reasons & Knockaert. Yes CH believes in sticking by his players even if they have a bad game which isn't necessarily a bad way but there has to be a point the scales tip in favour of a change.
Sticking by Dunk now is the correct decision IMHO though he did return from injury a game too early. If his form doesn't pick up then Balogun should rightly get a chance to prove himself but I doubt that will be soon given CH's history.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Ryan
Montoya Balogun Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Knockaert Propper Bissouma/Stephens? March
Murray

Should be the team vs City. Would even be tempted to put Ali J in for Solly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's fairly obvious that Dunk was brought back to soon from his injury, but had he not been rushed back in back then, who would be in possession of the place now? I suspect it would still be Dunk.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd prefer the players to believe that if they perform they will get their chance and retain their spot. I'd want to believe that my effort was rewarded.

If it had been my choice I would've waited until after the international break before playing Dunk and I would've played Dunk & Balogun vs Saints. This is why I'm not a football manager

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still have this incline towards playing Bernardo in Stephens place against City to add more defensive capability. Before anybody mocks this as playing him out of position but I am sure that when we signed him we were told that he can play anywhere in the back four or midfield so DM shielding the back four seems ideal

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am sure that when we signed him we were told that he can play anywhere in the back four or midfield so DM shielding the back four seems ideal

20 career starts at defensive midfield including 3 goals and 1 assist. Can’t be arsed to find out where & when though but you’re right.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I thought Balogun looked an absolute top class operator when he was playing and could be arguably better than both Dunk and Duffy. Hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Could always try Dunk as anchor man in a midfield 3 especially if Stephens going to miss a couple, allowing Balogun to come in alongside Duffy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here