Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mitrovic - Murrays replacement?

Mitrovic Murrays replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Dont know

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Will depend if we want to splash out for one or two more seasons of Murray. At the moment he doesn't look like slowing down.

Wonder if he's learnt that signing one year deals here could be better than going somewhere for 2 years where he'll be starting again instead of a central focus.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'm sure I read he was wanted by Chelsea the other day.

Shame we missed out on him, his style of play reminded me of Bobby Z in Fulham's Europa League year - a back to goal link up player who could also finished. Watched one of Fulham's games that season against some Bulgarian team beginning with L I can't remember their name and our Bobby put in an absolutely sublime performance I thought, everything was going through him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Scoring a few for Eintracht.. Does look good when I have seen him

That's not a bad shout. We clearly scout the Bundasliga quite extensively, and wouldn't be at all surprised if he was on our radar.

I’ve been following him a little while now. He’s got a touch of Trezeguet about him, I can see him becoming a fixture for the French team in the not too distant future.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Whether or not he would have become the 'New Murray' I don't know - I think, FWIW, he had as good a chance of doing that as any, but Newcastle wouldn't let us have him in January, he went to Fulham, they loved him and bought him. That particular horse has now bolted, I'm afraid - unless he's got a low sell-on clause and Fulham go down; one of those might happen, but not both, I think.

The new Murray is Juan Munoz Munoz, aged 22 and currently playing for Alcorcon in La Segunda, you heard it here first folk!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Think we need to be very careful how we speak about players coming to Brighton, remember how we ranted when people came in for Bobby, Sidwell, Dunk etc? He plays for Fulham and to be fair why would you leave there to come to Brighton, Top 6 maybe but we're not Top 6 ... yet!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sod the new Murray, I want the new Zamora. Imagine if we can get some young hotshot striker amongst the goals for us whilst we're in the premier league, won't that be great!

I repeat, his name is Juan Munoz Monoz aged 22

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
After seeing threads like this I do worry about some of our fans lack of knowledge of the way the game works in this day and age.

For example last summer I seem to remember a few people piping up saying we should sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig after they saw him for Germany at the Confederations Cup... Or Leon Bailey from Leverkusen after he started tearing up the Bundesliga.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I do not get Newcastle's logic. They would not sell to us because we are a relegation rival but are happy to sell to Fulham, a relegation rival.

Maybe after a year in the Premier League they think they are now above such things as relegation scraps. In which case they will not be at all concerned that their last game of the season is away against.... Fulham.

This was January, when Fulham were still in the Championship.

Pretty crazy that we probably could have got him for £15m instead of Locadia. *sigh*

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
This was January, when Fulham were still in the Championship.

Pretty crazy that we probably could have got him for £15m instead of Locadia. *sigh*

He was loaned to Fulham in January. He was sold in the summer once they were in the Premier League and once he had proved to be a very important player for them.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He was loaned to Fulham in January. He was sold in the summer once they were in the Premier League and once he had proved to be a very important player for them.

Yes. We were in for him in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here