Feb 16, 2011
-----------------Ryan-----------------
Montoya Dunk Duffy Bernado
Knockaert Kayal Propper Jahanbakhsh
--------------Bissouma--------------
---------------Murray---------------

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We know he won't, as he will want to keep it tight and keep the score down so will probably play the same team that played against Saints (bar Kayal for Stephens) but it would be nice to see some changes as this is a free hit and to help some fringe players get some game time.

So I would play:

......................Ryan
Montoya....Duffy....Balogun...Bernardo
......................Kayal
AJ.......Propper....Bissouma.....March
......................Andone

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All change please

Ryan
Bruno
Duffy
Balogun
Bernard
Knocky
Kayal
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
March
Muzza

Subs Button Dunk Bong Montoya Propper Andone Bambi

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
No.

Their stats based data is quite interesting though. Lists Dunk and Bong as our worst performing players, with Duffy and Knockaert as our best. I can't argue against that.

It is interesting but often misleading. Last year, despite Duffy being caught out of position and done for pace regularly, he was often the highest rated player because they put the emphasis on defence led stats such as tackles, clearances, headers won etc. You can win a header and get marked up, but there's no account taken for whether that header goes to a Brighton player or not. Knockaert was apparently our fifth best player last year, despite most fans thinking he was noticeably off the pace, but that's because of him doing the basics right i.e. he kept the ball better than everyone but Stephen and created more chances per game than anyone but Gross.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that stats are great, and I'm all for using them, I just think that sometimes they tell you surface things rather than the idiosyncrasies that happen within a match.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
with the injuries I expect 1 enforced change from the Spurs game ..... and heres a shocker .... I predict a debut for Andone :smokin:

so my team is 4-1-4-1

Ryan
Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bong
Propper
Knockaert - Bissouma - Kayal - March
Andone

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bong