Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton's team for City?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Sorry, I don’t see this lack of effort that seems to be the perceived opinion of so many. He found some good spaces and made runs with and without the ball against Saints, yes he fell over the ball but it was a good run before he did and he managed a header on target that was well saved.. He needs to be given more than 15 mins in a game we are chasing. It is totally unfair to judge a player in those circumstances imo. When he has started, Palace last season (?) he has been started out of position.

Stick him upfront against City and we have a chance of an Albion forward being in the box when we break at pace with Knocky or March/AJ (I’d start him too)

I hope you are right. It's not perceived opinion regarding effort, it's startlingly obvious - not through laziness perhaps just no confidence due to PL being a completely different challenge to the Dutch. The energy and commitment to win the ball, harry opponents within range and actually doing something useful with the ball when you receive it in one of the decent positions you've wandered into is all missing. That slapstick falling over at Southampton was preceded by sheer bloody panic as he was presented an opportunity to test the keeper. Might have looked different on the telly but I was in the stand looking straight at him and the panic within him was palpable.

Yes he may be in the box if we break with pace but he'd have to do something useful with the ball. Compare him with AJ, similar time on the pitch but AJ is a player that makes things happen, takes the opportunity. Locadia looks like that fella that conned his way into Southampton under Souness.

I hope you are right and I'm completely off I really do.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Sorry, I don’t see this lack of effort that seems to be the perceived opinion of so many. He found some good spaces and made runs with and without the ball against Saints, yes he fell over the ball but it was a good run before he did and he managed a header on target that was well saved.. He needs to be given more than 15 mins in a game we are chasing. It is totally unfair to judge a player in those circumstances imo. When he has started, Palace last season (?) he has been started out of position.

Stick him upfront against City and we have a chance of an Albion forward being in the box when we break at pace with Knocky or March/AJ (I’d start him too)

I completely agree with you. I see good movement and touches from Locadia and I honestly believe his biggest problem is that he is trying too hard when he gets the ball as he is desperate to do well due to the lack of minutes he is getting as an outright striker.

I would definitely bring AJ in for March too - he clearly has more quality about him with his final delivery. March has had his chance now and not delivered.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Up there I’d try:
—————————-Ryan—————————
Montoya———Duffy———Dunk————Bong
—————————Bruno(DS if fit)—————-
Knockaert-—-Pröpper——-—Kayal——Suttner
—————————Andone————————

Subs.
Button
Balogun
Bernardo
Bissouma
Izquierdo
A. J.
Locadia

Murray rested not dropped

D

Deleted member 18477

We'll be lucky not to concede 3...

We've got a leak at the back and haven't found a decent plumber yet... Locadia? Because he sure as hell isn't a footballer...

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
———————-Ryan—————————
——Duffy——— Dunk————Balogun
Montoya—————————————Bernardo
-—-Pröpper——-—Kayal——Bissouma
-------------------Knockaert----------------------
———————Andone————————

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
———————-Ryan—————————
———————Andone————————

This would be my desired set up also (maybe Suttner over Bernardo). However, I fully expect it to be the regular 4-5-1 with Kayal for Stephens the only change.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Is Suttner still in the squad? Bong looks a bit dodgy at present and gives very little support to his winger.

If Stephens is injured I would be tempted to play three centre halves, it won't happen but the full backs become wing backs and possibly get the forward three players closer to the current isolated Murray.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hewoughton will set us up like this

638b2bf9ada93f36cc64bbe6b45ae767.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Balogun Bong
Knocky Kayal Propper AJ
Locadia Murray

**** defending - go for a surprise win.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Excellent idea, the pale blue shirts should cause plenty of confusion.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Without reading the whole thread why would anyone bring Bernardo in for Bong, based on what we’ve seen so far?

I’ve got no doubt Bernardo is a good player, but if Watford showed anything it’s that he needs time to get up to speed with the pace and physicality of the English game.

Bong is our best full back from a defensive point of view. Why on earth would we choose this game to leave him out?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think for 1 minute that CH would agree with me but my team would be assuming Stephens and Gross are out.

Ryan
Montoya...Duffy......Dunk.....Bong.
Bernardo
Knockaert.... Bissouma.....Propper. Jahanbakhsh
Murray​

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
This would be my preference......

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Suttner
Stephens (Kayal)
Gross (if fit) Propper Bissouma
Knockaert
Murray

If Gross isn’t fit then put Kayal there and play Balogun in the holding defensive midfield role if Stephens isn’t fit.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
———————-Ryan—————————
———————Andone————————

Like the look of the above, though I guess playing that particular line-up away to City is a tad too adventurous. I’d like to think we’ll hit somebody with this group one day soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here