Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Ryan - 6. Nothing could do out the goals but kicking poor again. Barely reaches the half way line. Great safe from the header in the first half.
Montoya - 6. Didn’t do a lot wrong, but nothing to write home about either. Average.
Duffy - 7. Our best defender today.
Dunk - 5. Poor. Was his mum the match day sponsor? Balogan please.
Bong - 2. Terrible.
Stephens - 6. Didn’t touch the ball much before injury.
Propper - 4. Poor again.
Bisouma - 6. Not at the races first half, got better after half time before coming off.
March - 5. See above, non-existant first half but then again most of our team were the same. Few moments second half but no end product. That is the difference between a championship player and a Premier League player. AJ next game please.
Knockaert - 9 MOM - never gave up, looked like the only one interested first half. Gave a good player in Rose a tough game, and a great finish. Our only attacking spark today.
Murray - 6. Unusually quiet. Had to feed off scraps to be fair but not his usual bullying self.

Subs:
Kayal - 7. May be controversial but I thought he played well when he came on. Broke up the play and got stuck in to them.
AJ - 6. Can beat players which is the difference between him and March IMO, needs a start.
Locadia - 6. Not on for long.

Hughton - 4. If this same team has performed so poorly, especially in the first halves, against Fulham Saints and today, you surely have to be looking to change things. But expect the same team for the next few games. Boring.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Murray - 6. Unusually quiet. Had to feed off scraps to be fair but not his usual bullying self.

I thought that was the worst game I've seen from him in a while.

Hardly ever won the ball and when he did he gave it away.

Gave away a penalty and was stupidly offside to get Duffy's goal disallowed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bong - 2?
No way were you at the game
Idiot

Lower Premier League full back has a tough game against a top four team, who’d have thunk it. Rapidly becoming the new Ashley Barnes

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 7
Montoya- 6.5
Bong - 4
Dunk - 5.5 - unconvincing
Duffy - 7
Knockaert- 8
Bissouma - 6
Propper- 5
Stephens- 6
March - 7
Murray - 6

Kayal - 7
AJ - 6.5
Locadia- 6

Ref poor.
Substitution of March mystifying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lower Premier League full back has a tough game against a top four team, who’d have thunk it. Rapidly becoming the new Ashley Barnes

He was shocking. Positionally really bad, decisions poor. Caught ball watching again in the first half.

Sorry I can only think of one thing he did right....., when he tidied up nicely in the second half.....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Scored twice today.Come back Ash.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He was shocking. Positionally really bad, decisions poor. Caught ball watching again in the first half.

Sorry I can only think of one thing he did right....., when he tidied up nicely in the second half.....

Not a clue
Did you even watch the game?
He was on it from the first minute. As someone says above, the new Ashley Barnes.
Easy target for lazy dickheads

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan 8. Spurs would have been out of sight without him
Montoya 7. reliable , good technique . Solid signing
Bong 6. . Mixed bang. His attacking play is not as effective as in past
Duffy 7. Some crunching tackles
Dunk 6. Not the sharpest tool on the box
Propper 5. One of those non existent performances where it’s easy to forget he’s playing
Stephens 6. Did alright before he came off
March 6. Better in second half but surely time for Iran
Knockaert 7. Love his commitment , but blew his big moment at 1-0
Bissouma. 6. Not sure. Looked out of his depth first half, almost bemused. Improved later
Murray. 5. The trippier free kick - come on Glenn, what were you thinking ?

All the subs. 6

Hughton 5. Time to freshen up the line up

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a clue
Did you even watch the game?
He was on it from the first minute. As someone says above, the new Ashley Barnes.
Easy target for lazy dickheads

Unbelievable response.
Lazy dickhead? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Pathetic....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan 7 Good saves in the second half and the one in the first half as well, commanding catch or two as well but did drop one.
Montoya 5 Not really involved and overhit his only cross of the game.
Duffy 8 Played Kane very well and was noticably commanding at defensive set pieces.
Dunk 7 Fairly standard game for him but a bit less stand out than Duffy.
Bong 4 Good moment when he outpaced Eriksen to tidy up but not a Premier League player for me.
March 5 Basically, our other left back. So deep he can't get involved going forward but a couple of rare moments of skill.
Pröpper 6 His usual passing range and covered a lot of ground but positionally seems a bit lost.
Stephens 5 Not involved before he went off but he is so important to us.
Bissouma 6 Looks a real player but doesn't look comfortable in the 3 man midfield and would be better suited to partnering Stephens in a two.
Knockaert 8 Class act, real Premier League quality and deserved his goal.
Murray 5 One of his worst games in a Brighton shirt.

Subs
Kayal 6 Tenacious and offered a lot in the midfield, busying himself getting amongst it and looked well up for it.
Jahanbakhsh 6 Looks top class and he really shouldn't be sitting on the bench. He deserves to be in the starting line up now.
Locadia N/A Had a bit of a go.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 8- Great save in the first half and several decent regulation ones in the 2nd. We would (will really miss him) if he wasn't there.
Montoya - 7 - clearly a quality footballer, (though clearly also not the cross between Dani Alves and Lilian Thuram which he's been made out to be over the last few weeks). He was composed on the ball and was more comfortable against Moura than he was against Redmond
Bong - 5 - I like Gaetan. More importantly Chris loves the pace and athleticism he brings to the team. Though sometimes his limitations as a footballer shine though. With Bernardo in the wings, I sense his place in the team is hanging by a thread
Duffy - 7 - Head it and kick it. Head it and kick it. Love him
Dunk - 6 - Oddly not quite as assured as he was all through last season
Propper - 5 - Reminds me of a 1910 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost. Oozes class and sophistication, until he splutters and backfires. Big challenge for Hughton as there's clearly more we can get out of him
Stephens - n/a
Kayal - 7 - Those prepared to publicly doubt his ability as a premier league footballer will be thinner on the ground tonight. Not sure why he was playing as a second striker with half an hour left when we needed a goal though
Bissouma - 6 - Rein in those expectations. When you buy a player in it's always easy to forget how young and inexperienced he is. He's still raw and is likely to lose his place when Gross is back. Solid enough this evening and the premier league know how he's gaining from this run of games will really benefit him
Knockeart - 8 - Marked down as he could have had 2 more goals. Brilliant passion and a constant threat. His ability to run down the line and get us 50-60 yards up the pitch when we're under pressure is priceless. If I could, i'd round up all the people on here going on about him having been found out in the premier league and laugh in each of their stupid ugly faces.
Solly - 7 - Again, he has his moments. against real quality players he's getting these moments. I just think, if we persevere, the big leap to being able to regularly win prem games isn't that far away
Murray - 6 - Tough one for Muzza today. I genuinely think all this media coverage about him being the biggest fouler etc has meant that refs have gone way to far the other way and he's getting nothing at all. We need to get the team closer to him, certainly in home games.
Locadia - 5 - Chris, in true Chris style, gave him the vote of confidence to bring him on instead of Andone. With Andone, Izquierdo and Gross gaining fitness, and Kayal impressing Locadia is surely running out of opportunities.
Jahanbaksh - 6 - Something there isn't there. He kind of glides rather than runs. An intriguing signing

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 7 but kicking has gone to pot
Montoya 8 excellent positioning
Duffy 7 our best centre back right now
Dunk 6 something not right -Balogun would be better
Bong 5 torn apart by Trippier and Rose
Knockaert 7 should have made it 1-1
Stephens 6 was looking very good until the injury
Propper 6
March 5 was meant to be supporting Bong. He didn't. Ali please
Bissouma 6 faded in and out
Murray 5. Silly with the penalty and not given a chance during the game

Kayal7 liked his bite
AJ 7 must replace March or play as a 10
Locadia 6

CH 5 in the Man U and Liverpool games we pressed hard and we excellent. We've now stopped the hard press and have got aleaky defence instead. Need to shake up some safe players

Ref - unfortunately he got the big decisions right

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here