Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We had as many good opportunities as Spurs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone?

Chris Hughton: “I think we had as many good opportunities as they did.

"But with the quality they have, they can be clinical with theirs. I think they showed their quality with the second goal in a high press from us trying to get back in the game."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We had quite a few good opportunities in the second half, in fact we scored one less goal than Spurs from them. I can only recall one save from Ryan that I wouldn’t have expected him to make too, so their chances weren’t much better than ours.

Do I need to rewatch the game?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone?

"But with the quality they have, they can be clinical with theirs. I think they showed their quality with the second goal in a high press from us trying to get back in the game."

Ah, so that's OK then.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Outclassed for most of the game and deserved defeat. Hughton watching another game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone?

Apart from Liverpool and Man City from the so called big six, who are playing well.
When we play these teams, who are not playing that well, we need to show a tad more of an adventurous side, instead of leaving till it late to try and salvage something.
We have proved that we can score goals fom an attacking view.
Do something different :thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Spurs treated it like a friendly after the second.

Need to start a lot quicker, they would have fallen apart if we had done that and scored first given recent form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
game hinged on 1 chance when knockhaert should have scored.........yes they had loads of possession but if we score then we can hold out for a draw imo.......

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Outclassed for most of the game and deserved defeat. Hughton watching another game.

No, I think Hughton is saying that if we took some of our chances, more clinically, against some of the more superior teams then we may have a chance of avoiding defeat!

What I wouldn’t expect him, or any Brighton manager to say is we were outplayed and are shit (not that I think we are).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Spurs deserved the win. But if Knocky had buried his chance we could have nicked at least a point.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't see what's wrong with that. He doesn't say we played as well as them, just that we had as many good opportunities as them.
Duffy Header
AK's shot save with his feet
March Shot
AK almost played through
AK's goal.
AK's second saved shot near the end.
The disallowed goal (a side step to the right before the cross comes in and could have still got on the end and finish it).
Every corner could have seen a penalty given for Rose's constant grabbing of Kayal's neck/shirt.
And I feel like I might be missing some of other chances in that brief period of attacking play at 0-1

All incidents where a little extra quality could have seen us score.

For all their possession, how many good opportunities did they have?

Ryan save from the corner early on
The free kick that resulted in...
The penalty
Their second goal
Late save one-on-one by Ryan (which may have been one of the:...)
Three chances for Kane at 0-2, according to Naylor.

That's 7/8 good chances for each team. They had the quality to put theirs away, we didn't.

That can all be true, and Tottenham still dominate the game for the most part, still deserve to win (in part because they have the quality to convert their chances). It doesn't mean he was watching a different game or is one-eyed. He is just focusing on the positives rather than laying into the team. Which you would expect from most managers (at least until their job is on the line and they try to deflect from their own failings).

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1st half gave them to much respect. We did what we did v Southampton day on half way didn’t press and look to break. Like Southampton they didn’t create a lot in the 1st half but went in ahead the only chance really bar the penalty was the Ryan save from the corner.. 2nd we pressed high for at them and at least matched them for 20 minutes and the AK chance would have made all the difference. He had a great game but to hit it straight at the keeper from 6 yards in poor. Once they scored the 2nd they did then create 3/4 decent efforts that Ryan saved.
If anyone listens to the interview properly He’s not saying we matched Spurs in terms of the game but we had as many chances as Spurs did which is right prior to the 2nd goal. After that spurs had a fair few and it could have been 3/4

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Poor performance by both teams.

I think we did have as many chances as them.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was at least a point up for grabs today. Giving a top 6 team a goal ‘on the house’ is never going to end well.

We contained well in the 2nd half but their 2 goals obviously meant the tactics didn’t work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Poor performance by both teams.

I think we did have as many chances as them.

We did, few clear cut chances in the game. Could have nicked a point but it wouldn't have been deserved

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here