Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton out- Discuss

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I don't expect us to draw, let alone win but we should be giving it a go. I'd rather see us go down fighting rather than surrendering meekly.

What on earth does “give it a go” mean ?
I’m keen to understand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't expect us to draw, let alone win but we should be giving it a go. I'd rather see us go down fighting rather than surrendering meekly.

So you’ll take a 5 or 6 goal thrashing? That is EXACTLY what will happen if we “go for it” next week. We did give it a go in the second half today and could easily have salvaged a draw with some better finishing. If we’d gone for it from the start today we could have been a couple of goals down in no time, Tottenham started really well, we couldn’t even get the ball of them for the first 10 mins or so, how do you suggest we could have taken tha game to them with zero possession and being closed down as soon as we did get the ball? Losing Stephens was also a big blow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

A moment of madness from Murray and a superb goal from Spurs. Other than that Ryan had relatively little to do.

We had some decent chances in the second half and didn’t take them, that’s football.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Clueless opening poster. Has apparently posted 14,000 plus posts. I hope this is the worst one.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Clueless opening poster. Has apparently posted 14,000 plus posts. I hope this is the worst one.

He’s always been a bellend. Particular tonight.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So you’ll take a 5 or 6 goal thrashing? That is EXACTLY what will happen if we “go for it” next week. We did give it a go in the second half today and could easily have salvaged a draw with some better finishing. If we’d gone for it from the start today we could have been a couple of goals down in no time, Tottenham started really well, we couldn’t even get the ball of them for the first 10 mins or so, how do you suggest we could have taken tha game to them with zero possession and being closed down as soon as we did get the ball? Losing Stephens was also a big blow.

yep - we'd get picked off if we were even slightly open, as perfectly illustrated by their wonderful second goal. Chris is setting up to play a certain way, at certain times with the tools he has available... a bit like trying to build a complex piece of Ikea furniture with a child's joinery set and no instructions. However, if he'd only look to his trusty and high quality 'workbench' he'd possibly find some better tools for the job! Yeah it's still complex, but boy! you're going to build something... Anything! Heck it may look shit, but MAN you've strapped on that deluxe tool belt and your'e going for it.

I'm not sure what I'm going on about, but Jesus H Christ it's made me look slightly cryptic... Aces.

Kosh

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
He’s always been a bellend. Particular tonight.

Actually I may have been thinking of someone else. But definitely a bellend tonight.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Not a very subtle troll albeit one that is likely to (and has) receive bites. Perhaps having generated so many pages on this thread deserves extra fishing points. Overall fishing grade: C+

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can we discuss [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] out instead?

Poor thread with debatable point at all. Started to stir controversy rather than to generate sensible discussion. Getting fed up with attention seeking losers on this board.

That's novel, Dingodan accusing others of beng attention seeking!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yet another poor performance with very debatable team selection. We set up not to concede rather than to try and find win. Get to g fed up with inept performances both home and away.

You do realise that we were playing against a team studded with players from the business end of the World Cup, including half the England team? And that if our finishing was just that little bit more clinical then we'd have nicked an unlikely draw? This isn't Fantasy Football, this is real life in the Premier League. Fans like you don't really deserve it. You'd probably be happier with us beating duffers week in, week out in League One. Pathetic doesn't begin to cover it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Been to every game. Your post is not helpful.

Snap. Give us your views on how we set up at the start of games then. We come out against Spurs against whom we expect to lose and we came out against Soton exactly the same.

Do you think that March continues to warrant a starting place rather than coming on as a sub?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I appreciate the reappraisal of your previous post but would be interested to know who you did think I was?

I think I was confusing you with Albion Dan.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You do realise that we were playing against a team studded with players from the business end of the World Cup, including half the England team? And that if our finishing was just that little bit more clinical then we'd have nicked an unlikely draw? This isn't Fantasy Football, this is real life in the Premier League. Fans like you don't really deserve it. You'd probably be happier with us beating duffers week in, week out in League One. Pathetic doesn't begin to cover it.

And how many England stars, for that matter any international stars, were lined up against us on Monday?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hughton builds clubs. Harry Redknapp ruins them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here