Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] East lower and north...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Okay.... leaving early to avoid the stampede. Yep, we all agree that's a frequently used and often valid reason for having it on your toes at 87.

However, there IS something you can do about people who skip off at 41, 43 etc...

What about :

1) Making a few of the ladies toilets Mens? I've brought the Missus to the Amex plenty of times, and she just breezes in and out of the toilet at half time. No queue, ever. Just making ONE of the Ladies into Mens in each concourse would certainly help - and the Ladies may have to queue for 45 seconds instead of 5.. ?

2) For gods sake put those zombies at the food counters on some kind of speed bonus, or do an IQ test as part of the interview. I ordered (are you ready.. remember this) One pint of Heneken, One bottle of Fanta Orange, and one packet of Salt & Vinegar Crisps... THREE times, once after going to get each item individually, did he have to stare at the till to check each item. He took four paces, forgot, another four paces, forgot, and then another four paces, and forgot. For fecks sake, how did he even find his way to work?

There was a very quick guy on (East Lower) who looked like a "budget Ed Sheeran" who was like lightning on the next till. However, he was clearly management as he had a shirt and tie on... Bless the chap, clearly trying to lead by example. It didn't work, and looking at his cohorts I doubt a Taser would make them blink.

So, make the service faster and people won't be jumping out of their seats early to get to the front of the queue. People don't want to have a pint handed to them as the bloody second half kicks off, or they just end up binning the idea of a half time pint like I do most matches.

I will now dismount my soap box, and make myself available to the club for consultation work. :whistle:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Okay.... leaving early to avoid the stampede. Yep, we all agree that's a frequently used and often valid reason for having it on your toes at 87.

However, there IS something you can do about people who skip off at 41, 43 etc...

What about :

1) Making a few of the ladies toilets Mens? I've brought the Missus to the Amex plenty of times, and she just breezes in and out of the toilet at half time. No queue, ever. Just making ONE of the Ladies into Mens in each concourse would certainly help - and the Ladies may have to queue for 45 seconds instead of 5.. ?

2) For gods sake put those zombies at the food counters on some kind of speed bonus, or do an IQ test as part of the interview. I ordered (are you ready.. remember this) One pint of Heneken, One bottle of Fanta Orange, and one packet of Salt & Vinegar Crisps... THREE times, once after going to get each item individually, did he have to stare at the till to check each item. He took four paces, forgot, another four paces, forgot, and then another four paces, and forgot. For fecks sake, how did he even find his way to work?

There was a very quick guy on (East Lower) who looked like a "budget Ed Sheeran" who was like lightning on the next till. However, he was clearly management as he had a shirt and tie on... Bless the chap, clearly trying to lead by example. It didn't work, and looking at his cohorts I doubt a Taser would make them blink.

So, make the service faster and people won't be jumping out of their seats early to get to the front of the queue. People don't want to have a pint handed to them as the bloody second half kicks off, or they just end up binning the idea of a half time pint like I do most matches.

I will now dismount my soap box, and make myself available to the club for consultation work. :whistle:

What gives?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

Before the match in ESU, I ordered a hot chocolate (£1.80) a bovril (£1.80) and a bag of crisps (£1.40) and gave the guy a free hot drink voucher from the scratchcard thingy and £4. He stared, tried three times and failed, said "I will get this" tried a fourth time and somehow the till said £3.17. Surely they just ring it all up and take the voucher plus £3.20 and sort it out later? The amount of money they must be losing themselves and the club beggars belief.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
People leave early whether we're winning, losing or drawing. It has always been thus and it will always be thus. So it is written, so it is done.

Yea verily I say unto thee : care not for the actions of others for they do not trouble you. Unless they're in your way. Then call them a c**t and tell them to move.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I don't blame the staff, must be tough having to make up hours on a job that gives you 20 odd games per year to hone your skills for what can't be a huge hourly rate. No, who I blame are the clowns in the queue for 15mins who upon reaching the till have no friggin' idea what they're going to order....1 pint of Harvey's...what does Dave want, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, 1 Fosters, did Karen want a drink, can you ask her, Hot Chocolate, Hot Chocolate?, yeah Hot Chocolate....

Hot drinks take ages too, why don't these people just bring a flask!?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sure, I've never run a business so I'm sure I will be told this isn't cost effective. But why aren't there 2 people per till?

One takes the order and takes the payment, the other meanwhile fetches the items (which, are obviously being pre poured by someone in the back)

The current system seems bizarre to say the least.

This isn't me having a moan as such, more a wondering. It seems obvious to me from an ill-informed observer but I've never done bar work or catering.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't blame the staff, must be tough having to make up hours on a job that gives you 20 odd games per year to hone your skills for what can't be a huge hourly rate. No, who I blame are the clowns in the queue for 15mins who upon reaching the till have no friggin' idea what they're going to order....1 pint of Harvey's...what does Dave want, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, 1 Fosters, did Karen want a drink, can you ask her, Hot Chocolate, Hot Chocolate?, yeah Hot Chocolate....

....And get your money/card out of your pocket while you queue. Don't order and THEN start to look for money!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....And get your money/card out of your pocket while you queue. Don't order and THEN start to look for money!

... and whilst we're on a whinge, to "Kev...Kev, Kev, KEV... KEVIN... OVER 'ERE..." It is physically impossible to carry three full pints of lager with the plastic pint glasses all pressed together through a busy crowd and not spill a quarter of each pint down everyones trouser legs, you bleedin' nipple.. :facepalm:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... and whilst we're on a whinge, to "Kev...Kev, Kev, KEV... KEVIN... OVER 'ERE..." It is physically impossible to carry three full pints of lager with the plastic pint glasses all pressed together through a busy crowd and not spill a quarter of each pint down everyones trouser legs, you bleedin' nipple.. :facepalm:

Tho always amusing to see the look of pain on the little faces of first-timers on being told the good news by stewards that no, they can't take their drinks back to their seats. Bless. :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

All slurred with Neanderthal-like jaws wide open, catching flies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A terrific thread. All I can say is having met Sheebo a while back he is a diamond bloke. Goes to prove nsc plus too much alcohol is a lethal mix. Don't do it kids

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The whole event was an anti climax. I was soaked and to be honest at 80 minutes just wanted out and to teleport to my flat and catch the end of strictly to be honest. My mojo had gone. As it was it took 90 minutes from them to get back

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

What about :

Are you suggesting make one cubicle a Gents? As there's only one set of ladies loos in the NS as it is

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The whole event was an anti climax. I was soaked and to be honest at 80 minutes just wanted out and to teleport to my flat and catch the end of strictly to be honest. My mojo had gone. As it was it took 90 minutes from them to get back

I was tucked up at home in front of the tv but even from there I could tell the weather was filthy. Not just a rainy day, but a deep, cold soak, rain running down your nose and mingling with the snot kind of day. Even the players looked fed up.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And then tweeting "Left 7 minutes before the end. Bunch of casual pricks".

Who do you think really looks like the prick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here