Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v Povetkin

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Routine win for AJ or potential banana skin? Personally i think AJ on points is not a bad bet.

Very very poor undercard on paper for a ppv event. Eddie Hearn laughing all the way to the bank

personally think this will be over inside 3 rounds

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I have heard from experts that Povetkin looks a bit fleshy compared to a few years ago, the period around when he failed a drugs test.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to my brother who is well into boxing and his view is that Povetkin will do well to see round 7 and expects AJ to knock him out around about round 5 or 6. His logic is that he was put down by Price and had that been an AJ punch he wouldnt have beat the count as AJ punches much harder, quicker and more often than Price

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
AJ by knockout.
I might be over optimistic but fancied the 16/1 for round 2. More likely later in the fight though.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Is there a stream?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Slow start from AJ but it’s a twelve round fight and Povetkin was only ready for three of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was too tight to buy this one at £21 for HD, but followed it on BBC.

But look forward to finding footage, somewhere.

People under estimate the shear power and brutality of AJ's punching.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Egg on face for Joshua haters.

Really? How so? AJ had this all day long as I predicted at the start of the thread. Povetkin is 39, way past his prime and has always struggled against very big men. Even Price nearly knocked him out ffs. If I were an AJ fan the thing that would worry me was how bad he actually looked until the KO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to my brother who is well into boxing and his view is that Povetkin will do well to see round 7 and expects AJ to knock him out around about round 5 or 6. His logic is that he was put down by Price and had that been an AJ punch he wouldnt have beat the count as AJ punches much harder, quicker and more often than Price

i have suitably chastised brother as he was 2 mins out on his estimation but the rest was correct, so I wont be too hard on him:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? How so? AJ had this all day long as I predicted at the start of the thread. Povetkin is 39, way past his prime and has always struggled against very big men. Even Price nearly knocked him out ffs. If I were an AJ fan the thing that would worry me was how bad he actually looked until the KO.

Not an AJ fan? Why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here