Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Propper

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So with Gross still out, assuming we stick with our usual formation, who goes into that No.10 spot if it was up to you?

Most likely candidates are likely to be Bissouma, Propper and Jahanbakhsh, all able to play in that role.

For me, it's a tough one. Bissouma has started getting some game time and could do with that continuing in order to help him find his rythm. It's also a position I have always wanted to see Propper tried out in (and if it were him then Bissouma could maybe go into the middle). It's also an opportunity for Jahanbakhsh to show what he can do, with Knocky certainly deserving to keep his place out wide.

Who would be your pick for the No.10 role today?

Poll above.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So with Gross still out, assuming we stick with our usual formation, who goes into that No.10 spot if it was up to you?

Most likely candidates are likely to be Bissouma, Propper and Jahanbakhsh, all able to play in that role.

For me, it's a tough one. Bissouma has started getting some game time and could do with that continuing in order to help him find his rythm. It's also a position I have always wanted to see Propper tried out in (and if it were him then Bissouma could maybe go into the middle). It's also an opportunity for Jahanbakhsh to show what he can do, with Knocky certainly deserving to keep his place out wide.

Who would be your pick for the No.10 role today?

Der der der der dum.... Bissouma!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Other

Andone

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Other

Andone

Interesting. I really want to see him play, but then how do you drop Murray, especially at home. Not sure how effective Andone would be playing so deep though.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Propper's played the number 10 role for the Netherlands a number of times. Would like to se him pushed up the pitch with Bissouma slipping into central midfield. Hoping Jahanbakhsh gets a solid 20 minutes or more in the second half.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Bissouma is that little bit too raw and wild for opponents like Spurs. I would go for experience - Kayal in the centre with Stephens and push Propper into Gross’ position.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Other - Knockaert, he drifts more into the channels than out wide so bring AJ in on the right where he’s more direct than AK.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Propper's played the number 10 role for the Netherlands a number of times. Would like to se him pushed up the pitch with Bissouma slipping into central midfield. Hoping Jahanbakhsh gets a solid 20 minutes or more in the second half.

That is a sensible move BUT due to his age and inexperience Bussouma loses the ball quite often in dangerous places on the field ie just on the edge of our box and with Trippier Erickson etc giving the ball away or free kicks just outside of the area is not to be recommended.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Other - Knockaert, he drifts more into the channels than out wide so bring AJ in on the right where he’s more direct than AK.

I'd be happy giving that a go. Knockaert has played there only once maybe twice in the past but think it's a position that would suit him, plus he has the work rate to cover the ground that Gross does. Also just want to see AJ in his best position for 90 minutes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The option I definitely wouldn't choose is Bissouma. Nothing against him, but he's a midfielder and an inexperienced one. I can see the benefit of Propper, but by doing that you're breaking up the centre mid partnership.

My preferred option would be Solly, Knocky and Ali J, continually interchanging in behind Murray. See if their CB's fancy coming out from the back to deal with pace and trickery

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The option I definitely wouldn't choose is Bissouma. Nothing against him, but he's a midfielder and an inexperienced one. I can see the benefit of Propper, but by doing that you're breaking up the centre mid partnership.

My preferred option would be Solly, Knocky and Ali J, continually interchanging in behind Murray. See if their CB's fancy coming out from the back to deal with pace and trickery

I voted Propper, but you make a fair point about not messing with the middle two. It would also mean potentially giving Jahanbakhsh a full 90, I think he could use that, and from what we've seen there is every reason to think he could do the business for us in that position, or pehaps like you say interchanging with AK. Great to have these kind of options.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kayal for Propper and Propper for Gross, would love to see Propper’s silky skills around the penalty area and spraying passes to the wings as well as releasing GM and later in the game Andone with clever through passes.

AJ for March as well

Bissouma is too raw to start this game imo

Won’t happen

Edit should read the thread through before posting, I am just echoing [MENTION=25450]The Kid Frankie[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here