Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

That was seriously not good enough!! Spurs have had a poor run of late, their confidence was low, we were at home, we should have had a good go at them from the off.
I don't know if we are really missing Gross, or the fact that Bassouma is just not good enough, but we were totally overrun in midfield, couldn't string more than two passes together, and had no attacking inclination in the first half. We can not keep trying to come back from going behind. If we are at home (regardless of the position), we have to get at them.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
If only we could play the full 90 mins with belief instead of the last half an hour. To score goals you must attack and have shots on goal not just in the 2nd half. We seem to be always playing catch-up. We need to stop being scared to go forward.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Couldn't agree more, however, the idea of the game is to win, and we're never going to do this often enough with a Zimmer frame up front. What's the point in wingers and breaking if they get there and have to play for a throw in, have a Goulois/coffee while they wait for any sign of a team mate?

I think it's worth having a little perspective to be honest.

First Spurs are a very good quality side. We lost 2-1, and we are disappointed. We lost a key player very early on to injury. We conceded what was an annoying penalty to concede. We wasted at least one chance which should really have been put away.

All things considered, under the circumstances, we didn't have a nightmare of a game at all. Circumstances conspired against us, we came close to getting a decent result. There are positives to be taken from the match and going down 2-1 to Spurs is nothing to be ashamed of. Had we had good fortune instead of what was some bad fortune it could have been quite different. That's football.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Always on the back foot after Dale went,so a good performance on a wintery day.Montoya looking a great signing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why are we significantly better 2nd half at the moment?
Pehaps it’s deliberate? Try and contain in the first half, wear the opposition down and then come on strong in the second. It obviously works better when you don’t give away a two goal lead during the “containment” period.

Something like that.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
What happened to our ****ing defence? 11 goals in 6 matches 2 goals in 5 of 6 and we just love giving away penalties, gift a team a goal by sitting back, give then confidence, then go at them, by that time they already have the confidence to play through you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seriously? Our defence/defenders are defending 75% of the time. Law of averages says they will concede eventually. CH needs to allow the team to push on from the start of the games. We have more than enough good defenders to withhold pressure at times during any game. But if your team just defends and offers nothing else going forward them the result is inevitable. The undefeated team of Arsenal had a great defence, but they attacked, scored and conceded the odd goal. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence, this is shown generally in our second half displays when we are losing [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I've not read ten pages but can anyone explain why, at 0-2 down with 15 minutes to go, we bring on Locadia rather than Andone?

We've seen what Locadia offers (psst! F**K ALL) so why not let Andone get some match experience whilst we're on a hiding to nothing?

Hughtons way innit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I've not read ten pages but can anyone explain why, at 0-2 down with 15 minutes to go, we bring on Locadia rather than Andone?

We've seen what Locadia offers (psst! F**K ALL) so why not let Andone get some match experience whilst we're on a hiding to nothing?

Watching Andone before the game warming up and at half time I reckon he's not ready for action yet.

Looked some way short of being match fit.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
As usual my blood pressure took a hammering.

First half was all Spurs, second more even. I think we just about shaded the game overall.

Very pleased with the win. Needed it.

Last season I thought your support was excellent but was more muted this time but ours was better than last year. Think maybe our lot thought you would roll over last season but realised we needed to get behind the team today.

One thing, why when they have massive signs up saying pie and a pint for £8 do they charge £8.80 for it? It said early bird offer and I bought at 16.03....but not early enough apparently. Still, was an excellent pie nevertheless.

Plenty of 'bantz' between the respective younger lots at the station - with the safety of railway lines between them of course. Amusing.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As usual my blood pressure took a hammering.

First half was all Spurs, second more even. I think we just about shaded the game overall.

Very pleased with the win. Needed it.

Last season I thought your support was excellent but was more muted this time but ours was better than last year. Think maybe our lot thought you would roll over last season but realised we needed to get behind the team today.

One thing, why when they have massive signs up saying pie and a pint for £8 do they charge £8.80 for it? It said early bird offer and I bought at 16.03....but not early enough apparently. Still, was an excellent pie nevertheless.

Plenty of 'bantz' between the respective younger lots at the station - with the safety of railway lines between them of course. Amusing.

Noise of Albion support. My take was:

Last season - you were only 1-0 up and not playing that great, giving the home support something to get its teeth into. Once we got the pen, the crowd were urging the team over the line, for a key point to stay up.

This season - the Albion/CH allowed you to dominate the ball, territory and possession from the start, Murray an isolated figure. I spoke to normally positive North Stand younger fans who thought the Albion were awful. Creating a flat home fans atmosphere.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Watching Andone before the game warming up and at half time I reckon he's not ready for action yet.

Looked some way short of being match fit.

Given he’s played 45 minutes of football since July , this is not a surprise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here