Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Every time I think that Bielsa taking over a championship club (he should be managing an Everton size club really) and doing the business is romantic football at its best, I catch myself and remember it's bloody Leeds, and anything good that happens is actually shit because good things shouldn't happen to bad people.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having been a laughing stock for years with their revolving door policy on piss poor managers they seem to have got it right at last. Hard to deny that Leeds really should be in the Premier League with their fanbase and history. If they do come up and we stay up it will make it that much harder for us and the other small teams in the Premier League next season imo.

I’m just pleased we’re not in the Championship any more, much as I loved our time there. Looking tougher than ever to get promoted from there.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I really don't like Leeds and they have a large amount of dickhead supporters, however my two best pals are Leeds and that is funny. Especially the Heckingbottom bit.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Having been a laughing stock for years with their revolving door policy on piss poor managers they seem to have got it right at last. Hard to deny that Leeds really should be in the Premier League with their fanbase and history. If they do come up and we stay up it will make it that much harder for us and the other small teams in the Premier League next season imo.

I’m just pleased we’re not in the Championship any more, much as I loved our time there. Looking tougher than ever to get promoted from there.

It's quite easy to deny that Leeds shouldn't be in the Premier League, they haven't been good enough for 15 years

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I don’t get this idea that fan base and history qualify you for a place at the top tier of football... I mean, if that was the case based on history then Pompey, Preston and Blackpool should be there too!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's quite easy to deny that Leeds shouldn't be in the Premier League, they haven't been good enough for 15 years

Should be and are is very different though. I have not said that they deserve to be there. They have no divine right to be there but in my mind they are a club that should be playing in the top league and it looks like they may well get back there next season. Getting there is probably harder than staying there for clubs like Leeds, Forest, Villa etc but they are all big clubs which is why we have all enjoyed laughing at their shitness over the last few years. Nobody laughs at Wigan or Rotherham and other similar teams being shit is probably my point.

We enjoy laughing at teams that you would expect to be in the top division fecking up in their efforts?

Don’t we all have teams we think should really be in the Premier League who aren’t? I know I’d much prefer to be playing Leeds than Cardiff, Burnley, Watford and I was going to say Bournemouth but I quite enjoy games against them.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t get this idea that fan base and history qualify you for a place at the top tier of football... I mean, if that was the case based on history then Pompey, Preston and Blackpool should be there too!

Not sure that any of those teams have anywhere near the fanbase of Leeds so that blows that argument out of the water :smile:

Leeds have the history AND the fanbase

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
leeds-united-badge.jpg

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I thought it rather good.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not sure that any of those teams have anywhere near the fanbase of Leeds so that blows that argument out of the water :smile:

Leeds have the history AND the fanbase

I am sure fans of Preston and Portsmouth would disagree with you. Put them both back into top flight competition and I am sure their attendances wouldn't be too dissimilar.
If you are talking more national/global fanbase then granted, they not us should be at the top table!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I hope they implode massively and miss out in the playoffs. That would be funny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here