Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Inside Spurs' stadium: 'I’ve never in my life worked like that'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not suggesting Spurs haven't fcked this up, nor that Perry and Buckingham didn't do a good job - but you're comparing building a brand new 30,000-seater stadium build in the countryside with a stadium build that is twice the size, in an urban area, hamstrung by the fact that half of it was still in use during the first half of the build. It's not rocket science to realise that one is a considerably more complex job than the other. A fairer comparison would be that Spurs are actually getting it done, whilst the NigeIs can't even get one STAND re-built in a similarly built up area.

Granted. But if you've read the article in the link the OP posted, the project management for this build sounds absolutely shambolic from top to bottom, and has directly resulted in the massive slippage in the opening of this stadium. It was supposed to be having ramp-up events in June/July. We're now getting towards October, and its so far from done they're not even willing to put so much as a provisional date on it any more. Now there are rumblings about starting there in January.

IMO they should just grasp the nettle and forget about playing there this season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm not suggesting Spurs haven't fcked this up, nor that Perry and Buckingham didn't do a good job - but you're comparing building a brand new 30,000-seater stadium build in the countryside with a stadium build that is twice the size, in an urban area, hamstrung by the fact that half of it was still in use during the first half of the build. It's not rocket science to realise that one is a considerably more complex job than the other. A fairer comparison would be that Spurs are actually getting it done, whilst the NigeIs can't even get one STAND re-built in a similarly built up area.
See also Liverpool and the ongoing redevelopment of Anfield. That was supposed to have been rebuilt across the road in Stanley Park over ten years ago. That project failed so they now are rebuilding stands piecemeal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just makes you appreciate what a fantastic job Martin Perry and Buckingham Group did with the Amex build. Finished on time, within budget, with no slippage. This Spurs build sounds like absolute chaos, if these allegations are to be believed.

They should have been up-front about it months ago when it was blatantly obvious it wasn't going to be ready anywhere near their fictional / delusional opening dates. Instead they went ahead selling tickets for non-events more in hope than expectation, and have left some people, who booked flights and hotels for the 'grand opening' high and dry. I don't think an offer of a Wembley ticket as a replacement quite cuts it.

Levy is not a stupid man. But he's clearly something of a tight arse.

Corrected for you :wave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And if your work force are all on the marching powder surely the job will be done much quicker, not to mention much more confidently?

But also, much more badly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m not so sure. I’d say the opposite; extreme detail and diligence!

Ha! One imagines one is the wittiest person in the world on that powder, but the following day your mates point out what a bumptious self-satisfied bell-end you were the night before. Apparently.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here