Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion v Man United - August 2019 - in Miami?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Albion season ticket holders will be offered a number of options to compensate them for missing a home game, including free flights for 1,500 supporters to attend the fixture in Miami and free hotels for an overnight stay.

Fans who don't wish to make the trip to the US will instead be offered one of 5,000 tickets to the reverse fixture at the Old Trafford as well as a 20% refund on their season ticket.

Those who neither wish to travel to Miami or Manchester will have 40% of their season ticket price refunded.

---

The above is the equivalent to what Girona fans are being offered.

Against modern football and all that.... but 40% back? SIGN ME UP!! :clap:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-miami-usa-relevent-sports-rfef-a8548376.html

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not keen on Miami. New York is too obvious. Detroit would be cool. I’d be up for that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner the 40% refund as I am not keen to visit USA again. What about people like my brother ,an airline employee, will tickets be available for people like those who wish to make their own way etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I’m not keen on Miami. New York is too obvious. Detroit would be cool. I’d be up for that.

Hell yeah, free lodgings...

won't happen as no MLS team, just their version of St Pauli, Detroit City FC & The Northern Guard, actually was fun when we went, stadium not big enough for a big game and tv though.

[yt]ZpchLw2XrfU[/yt]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That is a surprisingly generous offer to existing STHs.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Thin end of the wedge? In the first instance offer this great 40% off deal. The precedent is now set, games abroad are allowed. The next time it happens offer 10% off. The next time it happens offer a refund of just one game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thin end of the wedge? In the first instance offer this great 40% off deal. The precedent is now set, games abroad are allowed. The next time it happens offer 10% off. The next time it happens offer a refund of just one game.

Or: Three matches abroad and season tickets for the remaining games are FREE.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
why should BHA want to play in Miami surely the cash for Sky TV at the Amex is a better incentive.

It's a pretend scenario, BG.

But back in the real world, "Girona are set to make around €4m by offering up a home fixture for La Liga's first overseas game" (IF it goes ahead).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
why should BHA want to play in Miami surely the cash for Sky TV at the Amex is a better incentive.

It is completely different in Spain due to the lack of TV money, the OP was just trying to make the point that it's pretty crap for fans. La Liga are looking to do this, as currently they can't compete with the Premier League financially.

There is a high chance that this will lead to this happening across the continent, but if it is going to happen anywhere (due to the huge amounts of money sloshing around the PL) England is the last place it will happen.
So BG please don't worry, Brighton will never play a home game in Miami in your lifetime.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Albion season ticket holders will be offered a number of options to compensate them for missing a home game, including free flights for 1,500 supporters to attend the fixture in Miami and free hotels for an overnight stay.

Fans who don't wish to make the trip to the US will instead be offered one of 5,000 tickets to the reverse fixture at the Old Trafford as well as a 20% refund on their season ticket.

Those who neither wish to travel to Miami or Manchester will have 40% of their season ticket price refunded.

---

The above is the equivalent to what Girona fans are being offered.

Against modern football and all that.... but 40% back? SIGN ME UP!! :clap:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-miami-usa-relevent-sports-rfef-a8548376.html

Football. Will. Eat. Itself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here