Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton 'boo-boys'

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok so we're nowhere near as bad as we used to be, but I think we (family stand at least) are very much the home of passive aggression.

I know tomorrow, Bong, March and Stephens will be critised and audibly tutted, sighed and groaned at all with occasional outbursts of abuse but absolutely no positivity.

This on the back of our dear leader discussing 'negative chanting', and posters being surprised that AK, a footballer of all people, could suffer from depression.

Clearly the next in line will be Locadia, who in x months time posters will be wondering why he was such a waste of money.

Come on folks, let's actually all be supporters, for a change.

Oh and my life would be easier if a fella near me would stop shouting, "Stephens shoot", I can't help replying "noooooooo" :lol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No..that is propper...he is my new target for stealth booooooooing

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My new "boo" target is Bruno (not that I've ever "boo'd" at a football game, ever). I think he's doing an awful impression of a bench player and I really dislike the way he can't flaunt his sexiness as well from that position.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
My new "boo" target is Bruno (not that I've ever "boo'd" at a football game, ever). I think he's doing an awful impression of a bench player and I really dislike the way he can't flaunt his sexiness as well from that position.

I agree, Ive got a t-shirt with Bruno's image plastered all over it...what a complete waste of money!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This on the back of our dear leader discussing 'negative chanting'

I want to clear this up, again!

I wasn't talking about people being negative about our players/team in any way shape or form (although it does happen, obviously). I was trying to describe singing that is not directly for our team/players, such as songs that target the opposition's fans or the geographical location. "Negative support" was, in hindsight, not the term I was looking for.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree, Ive got a t-shirt with Bruno's image plastered all over it...what a complete waste of money!

I was going to laugh but then I saw your avatar and I've spent the time since in a total state of confusion - to vommit or to laugh, that is now the question.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm going to boo [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] for 90 minutes, fancy suggesting people get behind the team, if this was enforced the attendance would be down to about 12,000

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So what should be the response when Solly is clean through on goal and blasts over from 6 yards. You have to be a very passive fan not to yell "ffs Solly"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm quite pleased that my Schelotto t-shirt will become an extremely valuable collectors item in years to come.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll give every player 5 mins before I start booing any of them, although I may tut or sigh earlier. After that they are all fair game if they misplace a pass, get roasted by an opposition player or miss a half chance. Just so you know that I am one of our more reasonable fans and averse to knee jerk reactions.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So what should be the response when Solly is clean through on goal and blasts over from 6 yards. You have to be a very passive fan not to yell "ffs Solly"

Being polite, I shout Oh Solly!!

We've always had misery guts at football who love to moan at everything. It's just in the 'good old days', you could move away from them on the terrace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to boo [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] for 90 minutes.

That's a hell of a queue to join the back of, have you got a sleeping bag?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok so we're nowhere near as bad as we used to be, but I think we (family stand at least) are very much the home of passive aggression.

I know tomorrow, Bong, March and Stephens will be critised and audibly tutted, sighed and groaned at all with occasional outbursts of abuse but absolutely no positivity.

This on the back of our dear leader discussing 'negative chanting', and posters being surprised that AK, a footballer of all people, could suffer from depression.

Clearly the next in line will be Locadia, who in x months time posters will be wondering why he was such a waste of money.

Oh and my life would be easier if a fella near me would stop shouting, "Stephens shoot", I can't help replying "noooooooo" :lol:

Reckon you should always play to your strengths.

And starting threads isn't one of OP's strengths :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

For flip sake Solly (family stand).

I don't have a problem with that, we all know damn well it's mild compared to what he was thinking, about himself.

The 3 I've mentioned are unlikely to hear anything positive all game.
The good stuff, of which there will be plenty will be met with silence, while everything else, whether it's their fault or not will have a chorus of moans and groans.

As said, it's considerably better than the 'good old days', nobody has been slagged off during a minutes silence, yet.
Nevertheless wanting to make a special noise in support of AK, is at odds with abusing his teammates.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Booing is a form of bullying IMO
These boo boys or girls, target an individual because it makes them feel and look good.
In reality, nobody gives a feck.
You'll get the occasional tut from moi, but boo :nono:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here