Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Chance of trouble Brighton v Tottenham Saturday 5;30 kick off..... brave decision...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just pondering to myself if I should venture into town after the match against Tottenham, wondering if that would be stupid idea....

Pretty sure some Tottenham fans & Brighton fans will lap up the chance of that extra drinking time before the match with a late afternoon kick off, there is a pretty good chance things could go pear shaped in town Saturday night.

I was not living in Brighton when they famously came down in the 80s and trashed the town, and set boats on fire ? nothing could be as bad as that, but there does seem a little history between the two clubs which also resulted in the pre arranged barrier luzzing incident which resulted in people getting sent down.

We will see, if nothing else the ol;bill will get some much needed overtime in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a big town with a lot of pubs. It will be typically busy in one of the country's best places to be on a Saturday night.

If there is trouble, and I'm not sure why there's any more likelihood than any other big game we've had at the Amex since we moved there, you're not likely to see it unless you want to.

I'm not sure how it could be "a stupid idea" for an Albion fan to go into town if that's what they want to do.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
1980's.
Don't you mean the infamous 1978 game. A day that will live in infamy for many of us who were there.

I've had a special attachment to my cobblers ever since seeing a Tottenham fan impaled on church railings near the Goldstone. Horrific sight and sounds

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a big town with a lot of pubs. It will be typically busy in one of the country's best places to be on a Saturday night.

If there is trouble, and I'm not sure why there's any more likelihood than any other big game we've had at the Amex since we moved there, you're not likely to see it unless you want to.

I'm not sure how it could be "a stupid idea" for an Albion fan to go into town if that's what they want to do.

This really. Brighton town centre is full of pissed up idiots on any Saturday night, just like most cities. I should know I was one of them once upon a time. Trouble? No more or less than any other London team being down. There is no 'rivalry' as such between the two sides that I'm aware of. Enjoy your night and if you are concerned avoid the station and west st. In fact avoid West St if you are over 25 anyway

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m starting to look for trouble from noon and will be focusing my efforts in and around the station area. I shall report my findings with regular updates including the misuse of free travel before the window starts. My moneys on this being THE biggest threat to law and order tomorrow, everyone knows Spurs’s top boys use Govia.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I'm already looking forward to the sight of Spurs fans who are season ticket holders at the Amex beating themselves up.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
There is definitely a correlation between late KOs/extra boozing time and gobbier away fans on the train. Spilling over into trouble depends on whether there are Albion fans on the spot willing to give it back to them. The queue at Falmer station always has the potential as a flash-point. As far as pubs in Brighton go, we should all know the good ones away from West/North Street and leave the likes of Spoons and Yate's to Spuds. Compared to Tottenham and Harringey they'll think they're in heaven...

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I doubt very much if there will be any aggravation of consequence. To get away tickets these days we need the best part of 400 loyalty points which means most Spurs with tickets will be ancient. Like me.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm going to throw my hat in the ring (not in an aggressive fight inducing way), and say there will be no trouble between us and Spurs, whatever the result.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
IdleTiredAnhinga-max-1mb.gif

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Then there is a very good chance they won't arrive until Sunday......if at all!

Ssssh, that’s our top boys master plan, a cunningly set trap to win the day that Spurs will fall right into i.e. strategic victory on account Spurs didn’t even turn up. It’s a stroke of genius really on the part of our mob. Very very clever. Brains as well as brawn.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here