Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A New Low for Govia

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I can’t believe what I’m seeing.

Just passing through Norwood Junction on a packed commuter train. Govia have stationed two “staff” to stop everyone standing in First Class (train is absolutely rammed)

Pregnant lady gets on Norwood Junction and asks to sit down - Govia staff first ask her to show her pregnancy badge (its bloody obvious) Which she does. Still refuse to let her sit on first class (there is absolutely no one in the carriage). Force her to walk down through the jammed carriage until someone voluntarily gives up a seat.

I honestly didn’t these people could sink any lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I can’t believe what I’m seeing.

Just passing through Norwood Junction on a packed commuter train. Govia have stationed two “staff” to stop everyone standing in First Class (train is absolutely rammed)

Pregnant lady gets on Norwood Junction and asks to sit down - Govia staff first ask her to show her pregnancy badge (its bloody obvious) Which she does. Still refuse to let her sit on first class (there is absolutely no one in the carriage). Force her to walk down through the jammed carriage until someone voluntarily gives up a seat.

I honestly didn’t these people could sink any lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Tory Britain, where the interests of the shareholder come before anything else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You don't think the state of the railways is a political issue? Really?

Govia’s ‘rules’ on dealing with evidently pregnant women probably aren’t politically driven........neither is the wanky attitude of their staff in enforcing them.

The railways service has been shite for all the time I’ve been commuting.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If the lady wants to sit in First Class she should have bought a First Class ticket. If the staff permitted her to sit in First with a Standard Class ticket, then what's to stop every other passenger following her? Can't discriminate, don't you know?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Welcome to Tory Britain, where the interests of the shareholder come before anything else.

Let's get this out the way ..... the Tories haven't done anything positive for the railways nor did Labour during their time in power. There, I've said it, both are to blame.

Now back to the more important topic of what scumbags Govia are - wankers !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You don't think the state of the railways is a political issue? Really?

state of the railways, or a couple of officials being instructed to enforce first class?

the question is why still even have first class on busy commuter routes, its rarely well utilised.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If the lady wants to sit in First Class she should have bought a First Class ticket. If the staff permitted her to sit in First with a Standard Class ticket, then what's to stop every other passenger following her? Can't discriminate, don't you know?

Might make uncomfortable reading in today’s outrage society but actually this is all there is to this thread. Anyway, someone gave up their seat for her as they should do so alls well that ends well!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Let's get this out the way ..... the Tories haven't done anything positive for the railways nor did Labour during their time in power. There, I've said it, both are to blame.

Now back to the more important topic of what scumbags Govia are - wankers !

Yes both are to blame, Labour were beholden to the rail unions, while the Tory system is designed to make shareholders rich often to the detriment of the customer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Might make uncomfortable reading in today’s outrage society but actually this is all there is to this thread. Anyway, someone gave up their seat for her as they should do so alls well that ends well!

Despite the obvious fishing, quite a few train companies do allow pregnant women to use first class seats.

Just so long as it is made clear that Chris Grayling has nothing to do with it or indeed bear any responsibility :) To eliminate confusion image is intended for another thread - I will get the hang of this posting lark eventually :)

Attachments

• 6a00e55222bd6c8833016767830151970b-800wi.jpg
    6a00e55222bd6c8833016767830151970b-800wi.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I follow the Ass British Commuters group where a woman posted, she was feeling unwell. She said she was pregnant & asked if she could have a seat. She was ignored, with the nearest person avoiding eye contact.
She then threw up all over him.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There was the ability for the onboard guard to declassify first class due to the overcrowding, obviously now revenue is far more important than being sensible.

I am not surprised at all by the actions of Govia.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

My guess there was no other seat's available. From the OP she did not walk past empty standard seat's to go and ask to sit in 1st class. You obviously have no idea what it feels like to have a a small human possibly kicking the hell out of your bladder, or making you feel really uncomfortable and breathless. It's not discriminating it's human kindness. I guess you moan because the disable people get to park closer to the door of shops

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I follow the Ass British Commuters group where a woman posted, she was feeling unwell. She said she was pregnant & asked if she could have a seat. She was ignored, with the nearest person avoiding eye contact.
She then threw up all over him.

I’ve seen a drunk do that once......didn’t even bother to ask for a seat though.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The trains I get into Victoria, people always sit in 1st and I've NEVER seen a ticket checker on board.

I think 1st class just needs to be removed - do people actually buy 1st class nowadays? I'm pretty sure they don't on my line, as they would be fully aware (if they are regulars) that it counts for nothing.

That was bad about the pregnant lady.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here