[Albion] Albion U23s v Everton, PL International Cup group stage, tonight 7pm

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just back. A few thoughts ...

Little to choose between the teams
Very nice little cameo from Dreyer
2 assists for Suttner, both good deliveries, but he didn't actually have a great game on the whole and didn't stand out as the senior player
Tilley, not great in the first half but took his goal brilliantly
Gyokeres and Connelly have a great understanding of each others game and complement each other really well
My first visit to the training ground. Bloody nice.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has Gwargis been injured or acclimatising since signing?

Don't know. He was called up to the Swedish U-18 squad for a Four Nations tournament from September 6th to 11th but he withdrew before the tournament began.

He made his Albion debut last Saturday for the U-18s.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Connelly Maybe unfair considering his goal scoring record but looked very lightweight He got out muscled all the time and when played to his feet in or near box in most cases got pushed of ball. Hopefully he bulks up because I cant see apart from as a goal poacher him troubling many first team central defences in any division. Appreciate size isnt everything but didnt seem type of player that will go past a defender, I admit first time I have seen him live and those that have seen him more will say differently

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's all about players standing out at this level and the only one I have seen this season and last was Reece-Oxford of West Ham.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Shame I missed this, a client took me to see Arsenal play, some of their youngsters looked good enough for our first team.

Hopefully I will see the highlights tomorrow. Looks like another close game we could have won.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Connelly Maybe unfair considering his goal scoring record but looked very lightweight He got out muscled all the time and when played to his feet in or near box in most cases got pushed of ball. Hopefully he bulks up because I cant see apart from as a goal poacher him troubling many first team central defences in any division. Appreciate size isnt everything but didnt seem type of player that will go past a defender, I admit first time I have seen him live and those that have seen him more will say differently
Apart from as a goal poacher, eh? Well, we certainly don't want one of those cluttering up our team.................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow, still unbeaten and mostly against top clubs. Really impressive.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
My first visit to the training ground. Bloody nice.[/QUOTE]

My first visit as well and very impressed. Only downside was when I tried to take a picture of the big seagull badge on the front of the building and security were on me faster than if I had been carrying a flask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here