Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Three new craft beer bars opening soon in Brighton

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Was going to post this in the Branch Tavern thread, but perhaps it deserves its own. With most pub-related threads on NSC being about places closing down, here's some better news about three places (all craft beer focused) that are opening soon...

THE NEW UNITY - opens today
The former Branch Tavern on London Road has been concentrating on the sports bar angle in its press releases, but their recent job ads on Facebook also emphasised their craft beer range (something I assume the rough 'n' ready Branch didn't really do).

THE HAUS ON THE HILL - opens in two or three weeks
Whitehawk based craft brewers Brighton Bier have taken over The Southover on Southover Street and will reopen it as a sister pub to the Bierhaus on Edward Street. Manager and chef come from Brighton Beer Dispensary.

HOLLER TAPROOM - opens in a week or two
Uckfield vegan craft brewers Holler will open their first pub on Elder Place (round the back of London Road). Manager comes from Brighton Brewdog.

Good news for the sophisticated boozehounds of Brighton, yeah...?

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Plus a new MicroPub coming soon in Boundary Road (along the lines of the Watchmakers Arms by Hove station). Life is good for the beer drinkers of Brighton & Hove!

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Yes it IS good, I'm pleased for all the people who like that sort of thing.

But Brighton is also in desperate need of more 'spoons (or equivalent) for those of us who don't like paying anything north of £3.80 for a pint.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Anywhere still open for people that don't have plastic specs, side partings and unnecessarily unkempt beards?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My local doesn't bleat on about being craft yet has a range of superb ales at reasonable prices. I don't know anywhere else I can get a very decent pint of IPA for £2.29.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Haus on the hill should be good especially as the guy who does the grub at the beer dispensary is also going up there.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Will the beers all be IPAs or some kind of variant?

IPA
Session IPA
Killer 8% IPA
Black IPA
Red IPA
Citrus IPA
Hoppy IPA
Piney IPA
Double Hopped IPA
Mango IPA
Summer IPA
Winter IPA
Extra Citrus IPA
American Pale Ale IPA
Indian IPA

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Will the beers all be IPAs or some kind of variant?

IPA
Session IPA
Killer 8% IPA
Black IPA
Red IPA
Citrus IPA
Hoppy IPA
Piney IPA
Double Hopped IPA
Mango IPA
Summer IPA
Winter IPA
Extra Citrus IPA
American Pale Ale IPA
Indian IPA

How can you have an American IPA?
And why list something as an Indian IPA?

If they don’t even know what the I in IPA stands for then I’ll be swerving their establishment.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How can you have an American IPA?
And why list something as an Indian IPA?

If they don’t even know what the I in IPA stands for then I’ll be swerving their establishment.

I have definitely seen American IPAs in the past, although I made up Indian IPA, howver I wouldn’t be surprised if one did exist!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Was going to post this in the Branch Tavern thread, but perhaps it deserves its own. With most pub-related threads on NSC being about places closing down, here's some better news about three places (all craft beer focused) that are opening soon...

THE NEW UNITY - opens today
The former Branch Tavern on London Road has been concentrating on the sports bar angle in its press releases, but their recent job ads on Facebook also emphasised their craft beer range (something I assume the rough 'n' ready Branch didn't really do).

THE HAUS ON THE HILL - opens in two or three weeks
Whitehawk based craft brewers Brighton Bier have taken over The Southover on Southover Street and will reopen it as a sister pub to the Bierhaus on Edward Street. Manager and chef come from Brighton Beer Dispensary.

HOLLER TAPROOM - opens in a week or two
Uckfield vegan craft brewers Holler will open their first pub on Elder Place (round the back of London Road). Manager comes from Brighton Brewdog.

Good news for the sophisticated boozehounds of Brighton, yeah...?

Sounds good - interesting to see if any sell anything under £4 a pint??

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have definitely seen American IPAs in the past, although I made up Indian IPA, howver I wouldn’t be surprised if one did exist!

I enjoy an American Pale Ale but not an American India Pale Ale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here