Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] China's scary "social credit" system. Be afraid.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yes, scary. I can see it breeding a lot of resentment amongst those with the lowest points.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is it the Chinese who keep telling me their thoughts are with Peter Jones/Bill Gates family at this sad time?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is the way the world is going. Obvs China is a dictatorship anyway and was always going to be up for anything that oppresses it's population but wow! This is scary stuff.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-could-interfere-in-other-nations-sovereignty

I wouldn't have expected you to have been against this to be honest. I mean it's potentially a good tool for keeping track of (and honoring/shaming) those who are furthering social justice (+1 credit) and those who are swivelled eyed loons pandering to a Nazi Brexit and the patriarchy (-1 credit).

Not sure if you realize it, but it's actually right up your street. Are you sure the problem isn't just that they are using it wrong?

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wouldn't have expected you to have been against this to be honest. I mean it's potentially a good tool for keeping track of (and honoring/shaming) those who are furthering social justice (+1 credit) and those who are swivelled eyed loons pandering to a Nazi Brexit and the patriarchy (-1 credit).

Not sure if you realize it, but it's actually right up your street. Are you sure the problem isn't just that they are using it wrong?

What is the point of you?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

At the moment "political repression" don't sound too bad either.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What is the point of you?

If you mean what is my point, my point is that your "politics" has always made me think of the Cultural Revolution in China, and they would have loved this kind of tool back then.

If you mean what is the point of me, I guess it was probably originally to bring joy and happiness to my parents, or something like that.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair, perhaps more state control is needed in the UK. We gave the masses a choice over Brexit and look what a mess we made of that!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
To be fair, perhaps more state control is needed in the UK. We gave the masses a choice over Brexit and look what a mess we made of that!

You jest, but be honest. You'd be happy to start issuing the old Chinese "dunce caps" to people who voted Brexit, wouldn't you?

dunce-cap-cultural-revolution.jpg

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you mean what is my point, my point is that your "politics" has always made me think of the Cultural Revolution in China, and they would have loved this kind of tool back then.

If you mean what is the point of me, I guess it was probably originally to bring joy and happiness to my parents, or something like that.

I hope you've apologised to them.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You jest, but be honest. You'd be happy to start issuing the old Chinese "dunce caps" to people who voted Brexit, wouldn't you?

dunce-cap-cultural-revolution.jpg

No, no. The leave voters punishment and humiliation has already begun. Once they get past the denial stage it'll sink in. Pity they have dragged the whole country down with them though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hope you've apologised to them.

Hey, I didn't do it. They only have themselves to blame.

Besides I'm sure they enjoyed the process, if not the end result.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You know very, very little of my political beliefs other than I don't think our EU membership should have been put in the hands of the people. People are stupid. People voted for Hiter and listen to Coldplay.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You know very, very little of my political beliefs other than I don't think our EU membership should have been put in the hands of the people. People are stupid. People voted for Hiter and listen to Coldplay.

I know you are a fanatic and all for public denouncements of people you disagree with.

When you say "people are stupid", isn't what you really mean, "sometimes people don't agree with me"?

Also, it sounds like you don't think anything should be put in the hands of the people. People voted for Hitler yes, but it almost sounds like you are making a case for doing away with democracy?

Like I said, you're a fanatic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here