Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What did you make of the Southampton pre-game light show?

What did you make of the Southampton pre-game light show?

• I liked it a lot and am happy to say as much

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • I liked it, but am only saying so under the anonymity of this poll so no one will know

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I thought it was OK, but went on a bit

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Absolutely modern football nonsense. Give me a brass band instead

Votes: 89 76.7%

• Total voters

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
I thought I'd turn up to a revamped open air recording of Gladiators or something similar, instead of a football match. And how come Southampton didn't come out to "When the Saints..."? Missed a trick I felt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought this sort of thing only happened at Boxing Match

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Different times different views . Kids would of loved it ,if it adds to the excitement of going to a game for them then I guess it’s good . There was a lot of adults around me that were filming it so maybe to ashamed to admit they liked it . It’s a global show these days and what us dinosaurs would like at a game are long gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I saw of it I liked. Consider our 'Fanzone'. For a stylish preamble before kick off, Liverpool is good, and right here right now/GOSBTS is also good, but Fanzone is icky. I think we could do with some tweaks in the final 5 before KO....but the passion should come from the game, not the Ferry Corsten style pre-match mind scaping.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was there. Where's the "meh" option. Didn't have a problem with it, but not burning to see it all again.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Migraine inducing nonsense...

Genuinely think the threat of this and other conditions triggered by could stop this sort of shit happening in its tracks at football grounds. We just need to raise the possibility of legal action because of health implications and bingo, we can stop these frustrated wannabe djs from ruining the match. It’s bloody Brighton, not the Balearics!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Genuinely think the threat of this and other conditions triggered by could stop this sort of shit happening in its tracks at football grounds. We just need to raise the possibility of legal action because of health implications and bingo, we can stop these frustrated wannabe djs from ruining the match. It’s bloody Brighton, not the Balearics!

The Southampton PA chap gave a warning about that, instructing those susceptible to take precautions.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

There was an audio warning ahead of the light show that if you suffered from light induced epilepsy or similar to take appropriate actions to avoid the light show. Personally I don't think this is enough and there should be a warning on all tickets to the event and in all advertising material for the match.

In terms of the light show I thought it was awful and tinpot, but at least we now know where the flame burners from the televised T20 games go for the winter months.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Southampton PA chap gave a warning about that, instructing those susceptible to take precautions.

Interesting...could that go down the human rights path I wonder? Love it if so, H&S helping the situation for a change!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There was an audio warning ahead of the light show that if you suffered from light induced epilepsy or similar to take appropriate actions to avoid the light show. Personally I don't think this is enough and there should be a warning on all tickets to the event and in all advertising material for the match.

In terms of the light show I thought it was awful and tinpot, but at least we now know where the flame burners from the televised T20 games go for the winter months.

Exactly. We come to watch a football match. Not some tin pot Jean M Jarre impersonator doing his Equinox with a few lightbulbs.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I loved it , the sheer joy and wonderment on the faces of the home fans was lovely to see , ,particularly the lady who managed to make her false teeth dance on her chin to the music whilst eating a burger , well played .

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wasn't there, I didn't see it on TV, but I've still voted for the brass band. **** all this 'enhanced spectator experience' bollocks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, it looks like a positive enough response to give it a go at the Amex. Bring it on.

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Don't really get how they do all this flashy light business anyway; when the lights died at the Amex a few seasons back the story was they couldn't be switched back on until they'd cooled down. Unless the new Ultra HD compatible bulbs are less temperamental.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Best light show EVER was the 30 minute lights out at the Amex and the extra pints that went down nicely.
For me Saints show was good but please never at the Amex. GOSBTS forever.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty much everyone around me in the away end was laughing at it incredulously. There seemed to be a general sense of disbelief it was actually happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here