Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What did you make of the Southampton pre-game light show?

What did you make of the Southampton pre-game light show?

• I liked it a lot and am happy to say as much

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • I liked it, but am only saying so under the anonymity of this poll so no one will know

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I thought it was OK, but went on a bit

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Absolutely modern football nonsense. Give me a brass band instead

Votes: 89 76.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Were you there, or did TV show enough of it for you to form a judgement?

What did you make of it?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There wasn't enough dancing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Didn't watch it. Only tuned in a couple of minutes before kick off

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was tin-pot Palace on steroids, clackers too.........

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If you are going to put on a light show you need to do it properly. This was just flashing lights and a few pyrotechnics. 6/10.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How can you possibly have devised that poll and omitted the word 'tinpot' from the options ?

Over-loud, cringe-inducing load of old bollocks (IMO, like)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My opinion of it is the same as when CPFC2010 do it. Pointless tinpot showbiz cock-knockery of the highest order.

I guess the aim of it is to whip the fans up into a wild-eyed frenzy of hysterical fervour and giddy excitement as kickoff apporaches. But all I could manage was a world-weary sigh, a glance at my watch and a visit to the toilet.

But then I am 46.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Utter shite. You can't beat a proper, fan generated pre-game atmosphere and that kind of modern crap spoils it.

I understand I sound like a dinosaur and maybe at 36 I am old before my time, but I hated it.
Wish i was 36 again. That isn't old.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The moment it went dark was decent, the rest was very very odd.

The flashing lights were annoying, the fireworks and fire flame thing reminded me of Wembley and play off finals which was wholly inappropriate. That together with clackers made Saints look a bit silly I thought.

It left me thinking do they do this every evening game, and if not what is so special about tonight. Odd.

Anyone remember the light show at Hull. I seem to recall that one being quite good. But it didn't have fireworks and flames, just looked better and they used the big screens with Tigers on I think.

Overall I'm not a fan really.

However I LOVE a brass band and there should definitely be more of those back at football. PLEASE book one for Boxing Day.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's veering towards manufactured, and I don't remember much of it, but turning all the lights off, chucking out flames and playing the Chemical Brothers must be objectively preferable to the kids' party/Southern FM guff they build up with at fortress duck pond?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It was for kids. That was the conclusion of myself and my Saints colleague who took his daughter to the game (she liked it).

It’s definitely not an attraction for adults.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Eating a burger and chips outside got to my seat at kick off. Can I get a refund? Light show not meal.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
As the wife is epileptic would have set her off, definitely a problem for those who suffer this issue. Those flashing adverts are nearly as bad. So its a thumbs down from me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where is the correct option?

Americanised Tinpottery

When is it coming to the Amex?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was for kids. That was the conclusion of myself and my Saints colleague who took his daughter to the game (she liked it).

It’s definitely not an attraction for adults.
Watching on TV we saw the end of it. My son (11) said "please tell me we don't do that now Dad".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here