Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What did you make of the Southampton pre-game light show?

What did you make of the Southampton pre-game light show?

• I liked it a lot and am happy to say as much

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • I liked it, but am only saying so under the anonymity of this poll so no one will know

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I thought it was OK, but went on a bit

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Absolutely modern football nonsense. Give me a brass band instead

Votes: 89 76.7%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, it looks like a positive enough response to give it a go at the Amex. Bring it on.

Good idea, immediately before Ring of Fire, let’s make sure we entertain people and **** the football which should taken second place to the Amex “experience”.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
It gave us something to take the piss out of...secretly quite liked it but don't tell anyone!!

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
I thought the flashing adverts at the Amex were bad until I experienced this on Monday - utterly dire (and completely unrelated to football).

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Not read the thread, but thought it was cringe and embarrassing.
I remember all of us ( saints fans ) taking the piss out of Bournemouth when they done it a season or 2 back.
Super duper light show and clappers.... brilliant.

I thought your fans were decent for 75% of the game. Really put the the pressure on 2nd half...

****ing Glenn Murray,

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
So do they put these displays on for every home game this season? Or were we just special chosen ones?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not read the thread, but thought it was cringe and embarrassing.
I remember all of us ( saints fans ) taking the piss out of Bournemouth when they done it a season or 2 back.
Super duper light show and clappers.... brilliant.

I thought your fans were decent for 75% of the game. Really put the the pressure on 2nd half...

****ing Glenn Murray,

Get with the times the expression is FFS Murray ( as per the Albion vs Palace game for our first league defeat at the Amex when the bugger scored in pretty well the last minute and the reaction of a Brighton fan in the North Stand gave rise to this expression :smile:)

He does seem to have the Indian Sign over Saints, long may it continue :lolol:

How gutted were you at the end of the game btw and what do you think of Mark Hughes?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Light shows are for Customers, not for Fans.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can see this happening on friday night but with recent cutbacks and Barbarisms it may not amount to much worth televising

mbk bulb  final.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here