Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] BA hacking, anyone had their card used fraudulently since?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My sister has had her card used fraudulently from this data balls up.It was cleared up very quickly though, new card issued and refunds given. She has just found out though her credit rating has taken a big knock since and as yet doesnt know if it is related.

She should be able to find out what caused the hit on the rating (credit report should show it), and if due to the fraudulent activity get it corrected - either by the card issuer or by contacting Experian direct.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Yeah an it’s the merchants who take the card who have to suffer the consequences I believe. The credit card companies charge all fraudulent activity back to them as far as I’m aware.

Yes, the merchant takes the hit if it's 'CNP' (cardholder not present - ie over the phone or internet)

If it's chip & pin, the card company take the hit, but......... if you get hit a few times too many with fraud they'll take your card machine away as you're not worth doing business with. So, as a merchant - you get screwed all ways. Yay for the card companies!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This seems to happen so regularly in the States that nobody raises an eyebrow anymore. If there is any fraudulent activity on your card as a result it’s covered by the CC companies like the UK and the offending company will usually give you free detection / alerts for a year or so. There was a recent data breach of Equifax who are a credit rating company and they lost the information of over 100 million people including CC and social security details. It also included a lot of people who had never even dealt with Equifax. Equifax also delayed telling the authorities about the breach to give their directors time to offload their shares before the proverbial hit the fan. Bottom line is this is the world you live in – it ain’t going to change.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This garden centre in Chessington of which ye speak, would that be Chessington Garden Centre? (just a wild stab in the dark there).

If so, it would be a surprising place for fraud as it is a popular destination for the Police to hang out and have breakfast (mainly) as well as lunch and dinner. I discovered this fact going there one morning, when there were so many police cars in the car park that I thought they’d been raided and then I saw the restaurant... A police friend later confirmed its popularity within the force.

That is the one. It was a few years ago but I rarely used my credit card and the proximity to Twickenham was what I went on. May well be wrong but that was my hunch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here