Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dec/Jan TV schedules

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Due to be announced on or around October 12.

Huddersfield away tickets(Dec 1) on sale October 16.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm assuming that as Boxing Day is on Wednesday (Arsenal H) there's no way that'll be moved from the 26th, being as we're playing on the Saturday as well ? Unless they decide to bump our entire Christmas schedule back a day, which isn't entirely beyond the realms I suppose, being as Sky/BT seem to have a permanent hard-on over us.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
i think they might move or at least televise the Arsenal game just as it's logistically easy for TV. They don't want to be spending too much money on overtime etc..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Due to be announced on or around October 12.

Huddersfield away tickets(Dec 1) on sale October 16.

So in other words, fixtures will be announced on 17 October, Huddersfield tickets on sale 23 October

Given that we play Palace at home on 4 December, the Huddersfield game won't be moved to Monday night and isn't that attractive for TV other than perhaps Saturday 12.30 even then I would be surprised

Chelsea at home on 15th could well be a TV game, and given that Sky like South Coast derbies (I know it isn't) Bournemouth away on 22nd could be another TV game

Liverpool 12th January at home could well be another TV game, and given our home record against Utd would the away game 19th January also be picked up by TV.

December and January could be a festive feast of armchair Albion fans

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Praying for no changes in early December. Took a gamble and booked up a short trip to Warsaw.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I'm assuming that as Boxing Day is on Wednesday (Arsenal H) there's no way that'll be moved from the 26th, being as we're playing on the Saturday as well ? Unless they decide to bump our entire Christmas schedule back a day, which isn't entirely beyond the realms I suppose, being as Sky/BT seem to have a permanent hard-on over us.

Is it this season where Amazon have the rights to all Boxing Day games and can show all 10 simultaneously?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
No - next season.

(Well - one bank holiday anyway. I'm not sure I heard it was definitely Boxing Day)

Here you go:

Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.
The online streaming service won the rights to show every game from the first round of midweek fixtures in December and all 10 matches on 26 December as part of a three-year deal.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Here you go:

Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.
The online streaming service won the rights to show every game from the first round of midweek fixtures in December and all 10 matches on 26 December as part of a three-year deal.

How the **** is that good for the consumer? let's go back to having a monopoly, a lot cheaper!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Personally hope the Arsenal game is moved as if Southern run true to form, there won't be any trains on Boxing Day.

Quite why Public transport comes to a stop over Christmas in this country is beyond me.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Personally hope the Arsenal game is moved as if Southern run true to form, there won't be any trains on Boxing Day.

Quite why Public transport comes to a stop over Christmas in this country is beyond me.

Quite why we still insist on matches being on Boxing Day I have no idea. I've never understood it, even before being a parent myself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here