Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Grrrrrrrr. Why the wait?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Grrrrrrrr. Why the wait?

It feels like they all sit in a room on the morning, then hurriedly get the press release out in the afternoon.

I guess we have to bear in mind that we are merely the fans attending/creating the atmosphere, not the TV customers that they care about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It feels like they all sit in a room on the morning, then hurriedly get the press release out in the afternoon.

I guess we have to bear in mind that we are merely the fans attending/creating the atmosphere, not the TV customers that they care about.

Pretty much this. They’ve had weeks, if not months, to sort this out. I don’t understand why it takes so long. Nothing has changed over the past few weeks.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Today is Goal of the month first, then Manager of the Month, then Player of the Month.
Now they have announced them, I expect they will announce the TV games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty much this. They’ve had weeks, if not months, to sort this out. I don’t understand why it takes so long. Nothing has changed over the past few weeks.

Narratives change, potential stories change. If West Ham were bottom, they'd be all over them like white on rice. If Wolves were 2nd in the table and due to play the top team, they'd be choosing that. They're never going to pick the Christmas fixtures in August/September, as there's far less certainty over who'll be in crisis at that point, and who might be a surprise package with an interesting fixture coming up.

As [MENTION=6891]chimneys[/MENTION] said though, the fans don't matter in any of this. Its all about getting the best games for an armchair audience.

el punal

Well I’ve made a pre-emptive strike and bought train tickets for our Huddersfield away fixture at 3.00 pm on Saturday 1st December. If any of that changes I will be employing my chainsaw for use on something other than wood. As it happens the train tix are a bargain (with rail card) - £15.00 each way Euston to Manchester Piccadilly, £9.00 return Manchester to Huddersfield.

Stumpy Tim

Well I’ve made a pre-emptive strike and bought train tickets for our Huddersfield away fixture at 3.00 pm on Saturday 1st December. If any of that changes I will be employing my chainsaw for use on something other than wood. As it happens the train tix are a bargain (with rail card) - £15.00 each way Euston to Manchester Piccadilly, £9.00 return Manchester to Huddersfield.

I'm keen to know as 12 of us are going to Burnley...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Narratives change, potential stories change. If West Ham were bottom, they'd be all over them like white on rice. If Wolves were 2nd in the table and due to play the top team, they'd be choosing that. They're never going to pick the Christmas fixtures in August/September, as there's far less certainty over who'll be in crisis at that point, and who might be a surprise package with an interesting fixture coming up.

As [MENTION=6891]chimneys[/MENTION] said though, the fans don't matter in any of this. Its all about getting the best games for an armchair audience.

I get the point that we don’t matter. But their deadline is self-imposed. So they surely must be working towards releasing the fixtures today? So what will change today which makes them wait until later instead of this morning? If any of this isn’t the case....then the timeline is purely lip-service. I may have answered my own question here.

And to answer the poster who queried why I poked fun at Barber, the reason is I, like many others, have to organise (or re-organise) a fair bit of travel and accommodation to get to games....and having a delay is frustrating. To then have the CEO blather on about how brilliant Sky Sports Live Football is just adds to my frustration.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I get the point that we don’t matter. But their deadline is self-imposed. So they surely must be working towards releasing the fixtures today? So what will change today which makes them wait until later instead of this morning? If any of this isn’t the case....then the timeline is purely lip-service. I may have answered my own question here.

They're busy people. Give them a break.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And to answer the poster who queried why I poked fun at Barber, the reason is I, like many others, have to organise (or re-organise) a fair bit of travel and accommodation to get to games....and having a delay is frustrating. To then have the CEO blather on about how brilliant Sky Sports Live Football is just adds to my frustration.

It's very frustrating. I don't have your level of travel to do. However, we have just been invited to a wedding on the day of Chelsea at home and my friend's Christmas party on Boxing Day. We've had to say "probably" to the Christmas party which is a bit rubbish. I suspect we'll go to the wedding no matter what but it would be good to know if we have to put the tickets on the exchange and if we'll get to see any of it on the telly.

It's better than Spain though. There you don't seem to find out until a few days before. It meant crossing my fingers when I went to Barcelona earlier this year and my son missing a day of school and the Palace cup match because the only safe way to do it was to book a Monday evening flight back home and then hope it wasn't the Monday game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's very frustrating. I don't have your level of travel to do. However, we have just been invited to a wedding on the day of Chelsea at home and my friend's Christmas party on Boxing Day. We've had to say "probably" to the Christmas party which is a bit rubbish. I suspect we'll go to the wedding no matter what but it would be good to know if we have to put the tickets on the exchange and if we'll get to see any of it on the telly.

It's better than Spain though. There you don't seem to find out until a few days before. It meant crossing my fingers when I went to Barcelona earlier this year and my son missing a day of school and the Palace cup match because the only safe way to do it was to book a Monday evening flight back home and then hope it wasn't the Monday game.

True about Spain.....and I guess we’re lucky it’s not a home fixture in Florida we’re fretting about!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Three of Brighton & Hove Albion’s Premier League matches across December and January have been moved, with Arsenal’s Boxing Day visit being selected for live television coverage.

The Seagulls will now play Chelsea at the Amex Stadium a day later on Sunday 16th December, kick-off 1.30pm, due to the London club’s participation in the Europa League.

Albion’s home fixture against Arsenal will remain on Wednesday 26th December, but the game will now be broadcasted live on Sky Sports with a later kick-off time of 5.15pm.

Finally, Chris Hughton’s team will no longer have a game on New Year’s Day this season, with the away fixture at West Ham United’s London Stadium being moved to Wednesday 2nd January 2019, kick-off 7.45pm.

This fixture move is due to the Hammers being selected for live television coverage on Thursday 27th December, which has forced Albion’s visit to be pushed back by one day.

Updated ticket information for all three fixtures will be announced in due course.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Just the one game on TV then. Surprised as I thought Chelsea, United, Liverpool, West Ham and Bournemouth all had a decent chance of being televised.

Glad to see West Ham has been moved from NYD, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here