Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    I feel that 'Udders and Burnley away will not be giving the TV planners too much to consider.

Hardly Royal Wedding level viewing potential.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Narratives change, potential stories change. If West Ham were bottom, they'd be all over them like white on rice. If Wolves were 2nd in the table and due to play the top team, they'd be choosing that. They're never going to pick the Christmas fixtures in August/September, as there's far less certainty over who'll be in crisis at that point, and who might be a surprise package with an interesting fixture coming up.

As @chimneys said though, the fans don't matter in any of this. Its all about getting the best games for an armchair audience.
      I get the point that we don’t matter. But their deadline is self-imposed. So they surely must be working towards releasing the fixtures today? So what will change today which makes them wait until later instead of this morning? If any of this isn’t the case....then the timeline is purely lip-service. I may have answered my own question here.

And to answer the poster who queried why I poked fun at Barber, the reason is I, like many others, have to organise (or re-organise) a fair bit of travel and accommodation to get to games....and having a delay is frustrating. To then have the CEO blather on about how brilliant Sky Sports Live Football is just adds to my frustration.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I get the point that we don’t matter. But their deadline is self-imposed. So they surely must be working towards releasing the fixtures today? So what will change today which makes them wait until later instead of this morning? If any of this isn’t the case....then the timeline is purely lip-service. I may have answered my own question here.
      They're busy people. Give them a break.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post

And to answer the poster who queried why I poked fun at Barber, the reason is I, like many others, have to organise (or re-organise) a fair bit of travel and accommodation to get to games....and having a delay is frustrating. To then have the CEO blather on about how brilliant Sky Sports Live Football is just adds to my frustration.
      It's very frustrating. I don't have your level of travel to do. However, we have just been invited to a wedding on the day of Chelsea at home and my friend's Christmas party on Boxing Day. We've had to say "probably" to the Christmas party which is a bit rubbish. I suspect we'll go to the wedding no matter what but it would be good to know if we have to put the tickets on the exchange and if we'll get to see any of it on the telly.

It's better than Spain though. There you don't seem to find out until a few days before. It meant crossing my fingers when I went to Barcelona earlier this year and my son missing a day of school and the Palace cup match because the only safe way to do it was to book a Monday evening flight back home and then hope it wasn't the Monday game.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      It's very frustrating. I don't have your level of travel to do. However, we have just been invited to a wedding on the day of Chelsea at home and my friend's Christmas party on Boxing Day. We've had to say "probably" to the Christmas party which is a bit rubbish. I suspect we'll go to the wedding no matter what but it would be good to know if we have to put the tickets on the exchange and if we'll get to see any of it on the telly.

It's better than Spain though. There you don't seem to find out until a few days before. It meant crossing my fingers when I went to Barcelona earlier this year and my son missing a day of school and the Palace cup match because the only safe way to do it was to book a Monday evening flight back home and then hope it wasn't the Monday game.
      True about Spain.....and I guess we’re lucky it’s not a home fixture in Florida we’re fretting about!
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr H View Post
      https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...r-and-january/

Arsenal Boxing Day the only game on TV, now 5.15
      Chelsea Game Sunday due to Europa Cup
      West Ham Game now 2nd due to their previous fixture moved for TV
      In this great future you can't forget your past
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Three of Brighton & Hove Albion’s Premier League matches across December and January have been moved, with Arsenal’s Boxing Day visit being selected for live television coverage.

The Seagulls will now play Chelsea at the Amex Stadium a day later on Sunday 16th December, kick-off 1.30pm, due to the London club’s participation in the Europa League.

Albion’s home fixture against Arsenal will remain on Wednesday 26th December, but the game will now be broadcasted live on Sky Sports with a later kick-off time of 5.15pm.

Finally, Chris Hughton’s team will no longer have a game on New Year’s Day this season, with the away fixture at West Ham United’s London Stadium being moved to Wednesday 2nd January 2019, kick-off 7.45pm.

This fixture move is due to the Hammers being selected for live television coverage on Thursday 27th December, which has forced Albion’s visit to be pushed back by one day.

Updated ticket information for all three fixtures will be announced in due course.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Just the one game on TV then. Surprised as I thought Chelsea, United, Liverpool, West Ham and Bournemouth all had a decent chance of being televised.

Glad to see West Ham has been moved from NYD, though.

0 Not allowed!
      Boxing Day, at least I can watch the King George now