Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bert & Ernie

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah of course but at what age?

Sesame Street is aimed at 3-5 years old's isn't it? I'm not sure I even knew the word 'gay' when I was that young.

EDIT: found this on Wikipedia, AKA The Font Of All Truths

For Sesame Street's 30th anniversary in 1999, its producers researched the reasons for the show's lower ratings. For the first time since the show debuted, the producers and a team of researchers analyzed Sesame Street's content and structure during a series of two-week-long workshops. They also studied how children's viewing habits had changed and become more sophisticated in thirty years. They found that although the show was produced for 3-to-5-year-olds, children began watching it at a younger age. As a result, the target age for Sesame Street shifted downward, from 4 years to 3 years

Well I'll be honest, I can remember laying in bed half the morning during the summer holidays watching Sesame Street when I must've been 14 or 15. I think it was usually on just after the Red Hand Gang or Why Don't You.

Never too old to learn.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's good that Wellquickwoody is down under, single handedly challenging the perception that the English are a bunch of whinging poms.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well I'll be honest, I can remember laying in bed half the morning during the summer holidays watching Sesame Street when I must've been 14 or 15. I think it was usually on just after the Red Hand Gang or Why Don't You.

Never too old to learn.

I actually thought it was older myself, wouldn't have been surprised to find the target audience around the 7 year old mark. Good old Wikipedia.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm on a Football Message Board and some old git has genuinely just posted a thread discussing a programme about the sexuality of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street!

And people wonder why the folks with less than 40 years under their belt really struggle with the concerns of the 'baby boomers', right wingers, and Brexiteers, and especially the alt-right dickheads of whom most fill the aforementioned groups.

Couldn't make it up........well maybe you can, EU enforcing straight bananas anyone?

Absolute Belter !

Best ''comeback'' I have seen since Monday night when Brighton ''came back'' from 2 - 0 down to Southampton at St Mary's

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Reminds me of Hermione being black all along according to JK Rowling. Not really sure why we need to put a label on people so readily let alone puppets.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't see what the big deal is. It's interesting to look at media and entertainment through a sociological lens. Viewing them this way doesn't change their worth as an entertainment product to children, y'know, the intended audience. A kid doesn't give a shit if Bert gives Ernie the odd reach around, a kid just likes learning about letters from giant fluffy puppets.

Except of course that it normalises a scenario for them.

Mummy, what does gay mean?

It's when two men or two women live togther? Like Bert and Ernie do.

Oh ok.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Until this week, I thought Bert and Ernie were two characters from It's a Wonderful Life. I've never seen Sesame Street so a whole new world has opened up to me

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Someone must explain the concept of 'liberal elites' to me one day.

Nowadays, it seems to have been morphed and mangled into a meaningless catch-all phrase for anyone who disagrees with the racists, homophobes, xenophobes and other alt-right pondlife - the opposite of what 'elite' is supposed to mean.

So which is it? Soooo confused.
Liberal elites? It's very simple. Nowadays, it has morphed into a phrase for anyone who assumes anyone who disagrees with them is racist, homophobe, xenophobe or other alt-right pondlife. Clear now?

P.S Wtf is 'alt-right'? Alternative right? Alto right? Altruistic right? Or just a term of abuse?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
What about Eric and Ernie? 19A4EB94-B4F3-409D-8E35-C6BB9B6A4810.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
24c4ca5f451a93a87ac09ad755161fae.jpg

Bert and Ernie, our Dwarf Netherland rabbit brothers (both sadly departed for the big hutch in the sky a while back). Back on topic, we had to get them neutered because they kept trying to shag each other.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So I am watching a BBC news programme put out across the world which is discussing the sexuality of Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street! And people wonder why the folks with more than 40 years under their belt really struggle with the concerns of the 'millenials' (sp), lefties, and the liberal elite, and especially the media luvvies of whom most fill the afore mentioned groups.

Couldn't make it up........well maybe you can, human rights of spiders anyone?

*cough* Dumbledore *cough*

Get with it, daddy-o. You're so square.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
24c4ca5f451a93a87ac09ad755161fae.jpg

Bert and Ernie, our Dwarf Netherland rabbit brothers (both sadly departed for the big hutch in the sky a while back). Back on topic, we had to get them neutered because they kept trying to shag each other.

:O

Laughed so hard I just blew my Islets of Langerhans out of my urethra.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That's the Dutch for you :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Liberal elites? It's very simple. Nowadays, it has morphed into a phrase for anyone who assumes anyone who disagrees with them is racist, homophobe, xenophobe or other alt-right pondlife. Clear now?

P.S Wtf is 'alt-right'? Alternative right? Alto right? Altruistic right? Or just a term of abuse?

Hmmm....isn't a 'liberal elite' person simply someone who disagrees with a ****?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, stuff gay rights for bunnies then - how antediluvian!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here