Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bert & Ernie

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Liberal elites? It's very simple. Nowadays, it has morphed into a phrase for anyone who assumes anyone who disagrees with them is racist, homophobe, xenophobe or other alt-right pondlife. Clear now?

P.S Wtf is 'alt-right'? Alternative right? Alto right? Altruistic right? Or just a term of abuse?

Liberal elite .... alt-right? Oppose each other on everything from immigration to which way to hang a toilet role. Personally I think they all sound like twats and so should be left well alone.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't think normalising homosexuality is a bad thing :shrug:

Exactly my point.
If a 3-4yo child see two male muppets live together and everyone on the street where they live accepts it as normal, doesn't judge, doesn't suggest anything is wrong... then they grow up completely comfortable that two male humans (or indeed two female humans) can live together and it's not wrong, wierd or something to be avoided.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So I am watching a BBC news programme put out across the world which is discussing the sexuality of Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street! And people wonder why the folks with more than 40 years under their belt really struggle with the concerns of the 'millenials' (sp), lefties, and the liberal elite, and especially the media luvvies of whom most fill the afore mentioned groups.

Couldn't make it up........well maybe you can, human rights of spiders anyone?

I reckon you probably struggle to understand a lot of what you see.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Exactly my point.
If a 3-4yo child see two male muppets live together and everyone on the street where they live accepts it as normal, doesn't judge, doesn't suggest anything is wrong... then they grow up completely comfortable that two male humans (or indeed two female humans) can live together and it's not wrong, wierd or something to be avoided.

Oh! My bad, I misinterpreted the post.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is a classic example of fake news.

Everyone knows they are bisexual swingers.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Wish I'd seen it. B&E (and Morecombe & Wise sharing a bed) raises questions over whether there was a sub-text by the writers/producers. I am not a millenial or a leftie and definitely not a media luvvie. I may be considered Liberal Elite but I have a genuine intellectual interest in whether or not someone was trying to send a message or make a statement, especially given that Sesame Street had a strong subtext over gender and race equality and is broadcast across the world.

"Dear Points of View, Can we please have more programmes like the interesting debate, broadcast today, on the subtext of sexuality and inclusion in Sesame Street? Mostly because it p1sses off Daily Mail reading dinosaurs who continue to want to live in 1950s."
It's funny how there were no explicit statements either way (that I recall or others on Twitter yesterday) until Sesame Street became a private concern.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here