Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tonight's Champions League Fixtures

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good news for the Albion, bad news for British clubs in Europe.

It is possible we may get the backlash to these 3 defeats in a row but without Lloris and Alli Spurs are a different animal and I don't think Hughton could have asked for more going into Saturday's match.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Plenty for Albion to be optimistic there, I think.

An aerial bombardment from set pieces could yield rich dividends.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Plenty for Albion to be optimistic there, I think.

An aerial bombardment from set pieces could yield rich dividends.

They're also good at squandering a lead and we're good at coming from behind.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Interesting how views vary so much. At 1-0:

- On the radio Stuart Pearce thought Spurs had been shocking at the back, near suicidal passes time and time again.
- On BT TV Robbie Savage thought Spurs were amazing, in control from start to finish, barely breaking a sweat.

Pearce has managed and coached at various levels. Better judgement that Savage who created his narrative around the score.

Stuart Pearce once sent David James on up front in the Premier League. Not sure how much I trust his judgement. :lol:

https://youtu.be/hZj7xcehvOU

https://youtu.be/Ud9ev2dp5xw

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
High press causes Spurs real problems. Hopefully we do this Saturday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting how views vary so much. At 1-0:

- On the radio Stuart Pearce thought Spurs had been shocking at the back, near suicidal passes time and time again.
- On BT TV Robbie Savage thought Spurs were amazing, in control from start to finish, barely breaking a sweat.

Pearce has managed and coached at various levels. Better judgement that Savage who created his narrative around the score.

I had the grave misfortune of listening to Pearce on TalkSpite for a couple of minutes, over the weekend.

My only thought, on his contribution, was 'why didn't you die out when the asteroid hit along with the rest of the dinosaurs'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1-0 Liverpool, Sturridge. Another incredible cross from Robertson. Honestly that boy is the best crosser of the ball around at the moment.

Edit: 2-0.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Liverpool making sure Naymar will never want to play here

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This match has got me wondering who the worst pound for pound team is in world football. It must surely be PSG or Man United.

I thought PSG with their ridiculous amount of world class players would be amazing tonight. I wonder if dominating a Mickey Mouse league is a massive hindrance, when meeting decent CL teams?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In football you often hear about how a winger is nippy. Can the same be said of goalies? I feel like the PSG keeper is a bit nippy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here