Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Get a grip

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Seriously, I thought this place was full of Albion fans. I guess I was wrong. So much negativity on here, it's unbelievable. For once some of you need to just be grateful for what we've got - including the whole squad, the U23s and all our other wonderful representatives. Some of you are doing my head in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seriously, I thought this place was full of Albion fans. I guess I was wrong. So much negativity on here, it's unbelievable. For once some of you need to just be grateful for what we've got - including the whole squad*, the U23s and all our other wonderful representatives. Some of you are doing my head in.

(* - but not Locadia, obvs)

If you can accept my edit to your post, I'm on board.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seriously, I thought this place was full of Albion fans. I guess I was wrong. So much negativity on here, it's unbelievable. For once some of you need to just be grateful for what we've got - including the whole squad, the U23s and all our other wonderful representatives. Some of you are doing my head in.

It's hard to disagree with what you say.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
After about 10 mins of “the super subs” against Fulham I thought the geezer behind me in 1901 West (look at me) was going to keel over!!!

“****ing 30 mil on this shit Houghton” went on & on about it for the rest of the game, was quite amusing if honest!!!!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
To be fair, we are pathetic in away games. Last season we managed to lost to West Brom, the only team to achieve that when they were managed by Pardew. We all knew we would lose there, because we are a joke away from home and there's no reason for it. We have a good team, filled with quality. But, for whatever reason, we are not competitive away and it must be a concern to the top of the tree.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Without dissecting each and every thread to backup my point, I think you read what you want to read.

I think the over-riding sentiment is positive. After a poor start first half and then falling two behind, the side dragged themselves back into the game to earn a precious point. There is praise for some of the standout performers last night mixed in with constructive, and understandable, discussion on our general away tactics.

I'm not sure how anyone could expect there not to be a mix of opinions on Locadia's impact to date. But even if he turns out to be a dud, our recruitment record has been so good, the odd bad one is, again, understandable - every club has them.

Last night I was part of c3,000 Albion fans in fine voice doing their bit to help the team. I absolutely was not calling anyone negative (just in case anyone took that interpretation), more I was trying to find a term to distinguish singing that was not directly in support of a player or the team as a whole. That's not to take away from what was another cracking Albion away atmosphere.

On Saturday we get to see one of the League's top strikers doing his thing, whilst at the other end Harry Kane will also be in town.

We've never had it so good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

In some respects, starting yet another thread on how crap we are (even if only to mock those going on about how crap we are) is just drawing attention to nonsense. Some of us have already delivered a robust rebuttal to the emotional incontinence on the original threads. Anyway....the best thing to do, really, is not reply, and let the offending threads dip off the page.

Whoops! :lolol::shootself

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair, we are pathetic in away games. Last season we managed to lost to West Brom, the only team to achieve that when they were managed by Pardew. We all knew we would lose there, because we are a joke away from home and there's no reason for it. We have a good team, filled with quality. But, for whatever reason, we are not competitive away and it must be a concern to the top of the tree.

We're in a league where only 6 or 7 teams will score more than 1 point per game away from home. Last season we were only 5 points behind what Arsenal got away from home. In fact only 7 points separated 13 teams. This isn't a league where teams go on the road winning lots of games. Only 7 teams won more than 4 games on the road, over half the league lost 50% or more of their away fixtures.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Completely agree, so proud to be a fan of Brighton, we keep on improving and haven't stood still in 20 years :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A bit ironic for the person who started the Davy Propper thread.

I don't think you read my posts in the Propper thread properly then. Nor my post in this one.

As I said there, I feel bad for criticising him, but in the spirit of Brighton always improving I think we can do better in that position. I've been wondering that for a while, but his thunderingly bad first half performance led me to my conclusion. I was interested to know what others thought, and thankfully for Davy, the majority disagreed with me. Including BensGrandad.

But to suggest that I'm 'not a Brighton fan' or being negative in that post is clearly wrong. We haven't stood still for 20 years and I don't think anyone in the club will accept standing still now. Continual improvement, thats a positive outlook :)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The thing about forums (and footy supporters) is they are full of people with strong opinions. Many of those opinions vary from a little to a lot with some agreeing on some things and getting into a rage about others. Take it all with a bucket of salt and just believe in what you believe and let the headless chickens get in a panic over something they have a different opinion to that of those that matter which in this case is CH and his back room staff who have ultimate say on these matters regarding the Albion.
Every one is entitled to their opinion but some would do better to stay out of the debate as it obviously is too much work for their brains :smokin:

All IMHO of course :shootself

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think you read my posts in the Propper thread properly then. Nor my post in this one.

As I said there, I feel bad for criticising him, but in the spirit of Brighton always improving I think we can do better in that position. I've been wondering that for a while, but his thunderingly bad first half performance led me to my conclusion. I was interested to know what others thought, and thankfully for Davy, the majority disagreed with me. Including BensGrandad.

But to suggest that I'm 'not a Brighton fan' or being negative in that post is clearly wrong. We haven't stood still for 20 years and I don't think anyone in the club will accept standing still now. Continual improvement, thats a positive outlook :)

So how is that different from people questioning Locadia which in turn has led to this thread about negativity, which you’re agreeing with even though it’s most likely the Propper & Locadia threads that have prompted it. :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Sometimes the passion clouds ones true feelings. I was so gutted with our first half performance last night that I walked out of the lounge and stopped watching it on our beautiful £ 600 tv. That’ll teach them I thought....... I’ll watch it in bed on my iPad. We all say things we don’t really mean when we get wound up.......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sometimes the passion clouds ones true feelings. I was so gutted with our first half performance last night that I walked out of the lounge and stopped watching it on our beautiful £ 600 tv. That’ll teach them I thought....... I’ll watch it in bed on my iPad. We all say things we don’t really mean when we get wound up.......

Thats a fair post imho ..I would just add ..that also its worth trying to separate the trolls from those who genuinely care about bhfc

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On Saturday we get to see one of the League's top strikers doing this things, whilst at the other end Harry Kane will also be in town.

We've never had it so good.

Excellent work.

On Propper, I'd keep him in the side, and maybe even try him as a number ten, but not let him get involved in defending set plays. He doesn't mark well and he doesn't like heading the ball under challenge.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

We are 5 games in and nobody is talking about the January Transfer Window - That's what I call ''contentment''

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here