Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
He went through a dodgy spell last season, but is back to being an absolute beast again.

With my usual amount of judgement and foresight I actually thought he would lose his place to Balogun quite quickly this season. Especially when he looked a bit lacking in concentration in pre-season.

Another internal prediction Im glad I kept to myself...oh hang on...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That was a shocker from Stephens - and I'm one of his biggest fans. Even Montoya momentarily puts his hands to his head in disbelief.
I'm not his biggest fan and see him do that all the time

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't see vast improvement, but then again I've always rated him very highly.

I partly agree and there has always been a real ''aggression'' to his defending but he is backing that up with ''aggression'' to his attacking play at set pieces now.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Duffy is an outstanding centre half, commanding in the air, strong in the tackle and always prepared to put his body on the line to block shots and crosses.
I still have a concern when the ball is at his feet, can look uncomfortable at times, just pass the ball short to midfield and let them do the fancy stuff. This is the only weak part of his game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He went through a dodgy spell last season, but is back to being an absolute beast again.

Exactly what I was going to say. I was calling for Goldson to replace him last season. And now he's started scoring goals too. Last season he won so many headers from corners, but I can't remember him getting even one on target. As soon as he does get them on target, it sews panic in the opposition, which might well explain why we got our penalty. That said, why Hughes thought Ward-Prowse should mark Duffy at a corner is beyond me.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great defender,but still has a tendency to day-dream.If he can stop that,he will become a club legend.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
That was a shocker from Stephens - and I'm one of his biggest fans. Even Montoya momentarily puts his hands to his head in disbelief.
Some of us are used to it. Now couple it with the clumsy free kicks in dangerous positions and you have Dale Stephens.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think big Shane is definitely our most improved player this season. Knockers and Muzza have been great but picked up where they left off last season. Be interesting to revisit this thread after our next 2 games!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think big Shane is definitely our most improved player this season. Knockers and Muzza have been great but picked up where they left off last season. Be interesting to revisit this thread after our next 2 games!!

Knockaert's really upped his game. Second season syndrome in reverse. He cut out the tantrums and is playing beautifully.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knockaert's really upped his game. Second season syndrome in reverse. He cut out the tantrums and is playing beautifully.

whoohooo steady on there fella.

He got subbed off v Fulham because of his tantrums, other than that yes he has upped his game.
I guess in some posters eyes he'll never be good enough, for Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here