Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Negative" support

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Margate actually on the South Coast?
Thought it was on the coast of North Kent or whatever it's called. ???

Sometimes I feel like I live on the moon.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Crikey some people are easily miffed.
The woman next to me monday was spannered beyond the combined levels I have achieved over many years of drinking. She punched me twice on the back of the head, which I let her off for as she mumbled it was an accident- both times, but the wet patch that appeared in her jeans and the puddle under the seat confirmed my worst fears that everything was not hunky dory.
Its not that I am quite annoyed at her public toilet manner and with myself that I just ignored her and didn’t give her at least one FFS, im mostly livid i didn’t get her phone number.

I'm sorry, I've had words with the wife about her behaviour and she knows that she let herself down on Monday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd have happily gone with "Small town near Bournemouth/Portsmouth" though...

There were a few choruses of " small town near Portsmouth " but I think a rousing chorus of " Play up Pompey, Pompey play up " would have had the desired effect. I remember going to the New Den for a Friday night game, three days after the infamous WHU v Millwall clash at Upton Park and within minutes of the start, the whole away end was singing " I'm forever blowing bubbles " To say the locals were irritated was an understatement.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
There were a few choruses of " small town near Portsmouth " but I think a rousing chorus of " Play up Pompey, Pompey play up " would have had the desired effect. I remember going to the New Den for a Friday night game, three days after the infamous WHU v Millwall clash at Upton Park and within minutes of the start, the whole away end was singing " I'm forever blowing bubbles " To say the locals were irritated was an understatement.

Singing any other clubs songs / anthems is just a complete no no for me, Just embarrassing.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The woman next to me monday was spannered beyond the combined levels I have achieved over many years of drinking. She punched me twice on the back of the head, which I let her off for as she mumbled it was an accident- both times, but the wet patch that appeared in her jeans and the puddle under the seat confirmed my worst fears that everything was not hunky dory.
Its not that I am quite annoyed at her public toilet manner and with myself that I just ignored her and didn’t give her at least one FFS, im mostly livid i didn’t get her phone number.

Too early. She doesn’t normally get requests for her number until 1:55am.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wasn’t the blonde woman who walked up and down in front of the stewards a few times was it ? She looked like she’d had a few as well...........and a fair amount of drink [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
No you are not.

So here is the thing...

Why sing about the Nigels...there were no Nigels there and for them to hear it on the TV was a form of flattery..

Totally agree with this - I hate the Palace related songs. We shouldn’t give them the time of day and whenever I see their games on the box I never hear their fans singing anything about the Albion.

Apart from this I thought we sang a great mix of songs on Monday night and loved the Bissouma song, while Southampton genuinely only had one song and you rarely heard that even when they were 2-0 up !

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Personal opinion. I've always liked it.

Indeed. People who say Liverpool's a shithole either haven't been there recently or have VERY high standards. Ok it's not quite Barcelona but it's miles away from the run-down slum it used to be. Ditto Cardiff and most definitely Manchester.

EDIT: I've looked at your list and I'd probably list them in exactly the same order!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
FFS nothing new is going on here the chants, gestures have been the same for decades what a bunch of snobs some of you have become. If you don’t like it don’t go and give football back to the working class man of whom don’t get offended at a wanker sign :tosser:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
FFS nothing new is going on here the chants, gestures have been the same for decades what a bunch of snobs some of you have become. If you don’t like it don’t go and give football back to the working class man of whom don’t get offended at a wanker sign :tosser:

Who said anything about being offended?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's probably still the effects of that stuff you smoked in Amsterdam on my stag do.

Wouldn’t it be rude to go to Amsterdam and not smoke something?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Singing any other clubs songs / anthems is just a complete no no for me, Just embarrassing.

Especially that lot #twats

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wouldn’t it be rude to go to Amsterdam and not smoke something?

Absolutely, and we all did. I'll let [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] fill you in on how that worked out for him though, should he want to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought we were talking the surrounding area of the ground? Which to me looks pretty dilapidated (boarded up windows etc) I'd agree that it's an interesting city to visit though.

I was mainly doing that for the London clubs but I agree that what I originally wrote was potentially confusing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought we were talking the surrounding area of the ground? Which to me looks pretty dilapidated (boarded up windows etc) I'd agree that it's an interesting city to visit though.
I used to live by the ground in Anfield. Though it's going back a couple of decades, at the time a lot of Scousers considered it the roughest area of the city. It hasn't seemed to have benefited from the vast improvements that the city centre has though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here