Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Negative" support

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I disagree with your second point. The area surrounding St Mary’s is awful. Shithole gives it justice.

In general, positive support for the Albion as loud and long as possible. Chants against the opposition only when comfortably ahead in injury time just in case it comes back to bite us.

I know a few people in Southampton and have visited the place a lot and I'd say it's more dull than awful. If there was a Premier League of shitholeness based on clubs' immediate catchment areas, I'd say this season's table would be:

1. Burnley
2. Croydon
3. Tottenham
4. Wolves
5. West Ham
6. Watford
7. Leicester
8. Southampton
9. Huddersfield
10. Bournemouth
11. Cardiff
12. Manchester
13. Liverpool
14. Arsenal
15. Chelsea/Fulham
16. Newcastle
17. Brighton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In general, positive support for the Albion as loud and long as possible. Chants against the opposition only when comfortably ahead in injury time just in case it comes back to bite us.

I know a few people in Southampton and have visited the place a lot and I'd say it's more dull than awful. If there was a Premier League of shitholeness based on clubs' immediate catchment areas, I'd say this season's table would be:

1. Burnley
2. Croydon
3. Tottenham
4. Wolves
5. West Ham
6. Watford
7. Leicester
8. Southampton
9. Huddersfield
10. Bournemouth
11. Cardiff
12. Manchester
13. Liverpool
14. Arsenal
15. Chelsea/Fulham
16. Newcastle
17. Brighton
Liverpool seems quite low on that list.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

1. Burnley
2. Croydon
3. Tottenham
4. Wolves
5. West Ham
6. Watford
7. Leicester
8. Southampton
9. Huddersfield
10. Bournemouth
11. Cardiff
12. Manchester
13. Liverpool
14. Arsenal
15. Chelsea/Fulham
16. Newcastle
17. Brighton

I think Chelsea and Fulham are below Brighton in the shit hole stakes somehow!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

1. Burnley
2. Croydon
3. Tottenham
4. Wolves
5. West Ham
6. Watford
7. Leicester
8. Southampton
9. Huddersfield
10. Bournemouth
11. Cardiff
12. Manchester
13. Liverpool
14. Arsenal
15. Chelsea/Fulham
16. Newcastle
17. Brighton

Christ what a snobbish, arrogant post.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Is ti just me? Am I a grumpy old man?

Probably. I watched on the box and thought your fans were trying to create an atmosphere but they (Soton) couldn't give a rats arse.

It was the complete opposite with our last three meetings with them (the non derby derbies) . I thought there was more needle between you and them - I guess not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Personal opinion. I've always liked it.

Brilliant city

Have you spent time there? We do each time the Albion visit and love it. This time we saw a lot of other Albion fans doing the same on the Friday.

I thought we were talking the surrounding area of the ground? Which to me looks pretty dilapidated (boarded up windows etc) I'd agree that it's an interesting city to visit though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hate the piss taking chants at home when it’s only 1-0 - it’s all gone quiet over there etc - just asking for egg on face!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It’s the masturbatory hand gestures that I find most annoying. Grown men, utterly transfixed by the opposing fans, no apparent interest in the game going on in front of them, and giving them the wanker sign. It’s so toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s the masturbatory hand gestures that I find most annoying. Grown men, utterly transfixed by the opposing fans, no apparent interest in the game going on in front of them, and giving them the wanker sign. It’s so toe-curlingly embarrassing.

There's been loads of footage over the years of very old sods doing that. There was a granny at The Emirates in the front row using the wnkr sign at ManU players, with a face contorted with hate. Pathetic, scummy, grow up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That's Colin Kazim Richards for you, I guess. :shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Crikey some people are easily miffed.
The woman next to me monday was spannered beyond the combined levels I have achieved over many years of drinking. She punched me twice on the back of the head, which I let her off for as she mumbled it was an accident- both times, but the wet patch that appeared in her jeans and the puddle under the seat confirmed my worst fears that everything was not hunky dory.
Its not that I am quite annoyed at her public toilet manner and with myself that I just ignored her and didn’t give her at least one FFS, im mostly livid i didn’t get her phone number.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
The first "There's no one there" was in direct response to them singing "Your support is f***ing s***", so I think with the number of gaps in the crowd was a perfectly acceptable response. The others I agree 100%.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Think some on here should watch rugby instead

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here