Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Negative" support

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree with the sentiment of your thread wholeheartedly. The 2-0 and you ****ed it up chant whilst they have a free kick on the edge of our penalty area was completely stupid. Once the final whistle came it was entirely appropriate.

I think sadly we have a lot of very unintelligent fans. We really do.

Just to add to what you have said what really gets me is the fan that for the entire 90 minutes spends berating a one or two Albion players. It seems to happen every single game. At Southampton we had the Murray hater who ddin't seem to think that Murray's performance was anything to do with the rest of the team not supporting him but was entirely down to his lack of effort! It went on and on. When he scored the penalty, he was heard to say "well I could have done that, what else has he done" Just the 97 other goals for the Albion...

I don't even mind people expressing their view, but to do it repeatedly over and over again is so downright boring to listen to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ps) I'd add, if it hasn't been mentioned yet the song "you're just a small town in....". I was thankful that we didn't suffer that one on Monday night that I heard.

Equally note to some that the song "just like Brighton your City is blue" works for Manchester, it quite blatantly does not work for Liverpool, but yet some idiots were still singing it at Anfield. Take a long hard look at yourselves...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
FFS nothing new is going on here the chants, gestures have been the same for decades what a bunch of snobs some of you have become. If you don’t like it don’t go and give football back to the working class man of whom don’t get offended at a wanker sign :tosser:

I love it when the working class snobs get snobby about the types of character going to their football games.

Also, being working class doesn't equate to you being brought up without any manners or class. And rich people are just as capable of making wanker signs as poor people are of being offended by them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unintelligent or just drunk? I think it's often a very blurry line...

Given some of the knob-heads I have had to endure on my travels it’s both. Always early 20s as well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But what really and a I mean REALLY gets me is that utterly stupid Propper and Stephens song about NEVER giving the ball away. Utterly tedious rubbish.

I think that regularly gets changed to Always and /or seldom gives the ball away - depending on how well we are playing- I could be wrong about that though

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was mainly doing that for the London clubs but I agree that what I originally wrote was potentially confusing.
Don’t worry, I seem to have upset quite a few folk with my assertion that Liverpool is a bit rough though. In my defence I didn’t pass anything of much interest on route to Anfield (both times I’ve been there) and parked fairly close to the stadium, which as others have said isn’t the best part of the city.

I thought it would be worth a visit to do the touristy stuff there though as I’ve obviously only scratched the surface of the place.

So if I’ve offended anyone I apologise but I can only go by the bits I’ve seen, which weren’t the best.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have you spent time there? We do each time the Albion visit and love it. This time we saw a lot of other Albion fans doing the same on the Friday.

It's funny because I asserted that Liverpool was a shithole, allbeit sarcastically, earlier in the thread and got no comeback at all.

It is, in fact, both things. Rough as ********s near the ground but great in the city centre. Had an absolutely cracking weekend up there in May, finishing in Mathew Street at stupid o'clock. It's a superb party / student town with some very interesting history. It also has some scary bits and some truly upsetting bits.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's funny because I asserted that Liverpool was a shithole, allbeit sarcastically, earlier in the thread and got no comeback at all.

It is, in fact, both things. Rough as ********s near the ground but great in the city centre. Had an absolutely cracking weekend up there in May, finishing in Mathew Street at stupid o'clock. It's a superb party / student town with some very interesting history. It also has some scary bits and some truly upsetting bits.

Sounds like one of my ex's.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don’t worry, I seem to have upset quite a few folk with my assertion that Liverpool is a bit rough though. In my defence I didn’t pass anything of much interest on route to Anfield (both times I’ve been there) and parked fairly close to the stadium, which as others have said isn’t the best part of the city.

I thought it would be worth a visit to do the touristy stuff there though as I’ve obviously only scratched the surface of the place.

So if I’ve offended anyone I apologise but I can only go by the bits I’ve seen, which weren’t the best.

Its funny but we all judge a city based on a very small part of it. I would imagine there a fair few who visit the Amex, drive and park in Coldean/Moulsecomb and come away thinking Brighton is a total shithole.

I judge Liverpool on the redeveloped dock area which we always go to pre or post match, but again that's only a small area of the city. Most of thee cities are now really good in the developed areas but further out are a mess. Leeds, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Newcastle all match this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its funny but we all judge a city based on a very small part of it. I would imagine there a fair few who visit the Amex, drive and park in Coldean/Moulsecomb and come away thinking Brighton is a total shithole.

I judge Liverpool on the redeveloped dock area which we always go to pre or post match, but again that's only a small area of the city. Most of thee cities are now really good in the developed areas but further out are a mess. Leeds, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Newcastle all match this.
Cardiff is often quoted as a bit of a shit hole, and the area around the stadium (and the old Ninian Park) is pretty awful to be fair, but the actual city centre, Sophia Gardens and Cardiff bay are brilliant. (It’s my most local City).

As you say, if Lewis Road/ Moulsecomb were a visiting fans experience of Brighton they wouldn’t be too impressed either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Travelling with a 16 year old, I was a light weight, just drinking in our nice city centre hotel.

When we went up for the 6-1 FAC match in 2012, even though I'd been to the city before, I was surprised/shocked at the huge swathes of poverty. Mile after mile in some suburbs. Which even 15 years of Blair's Labour government hadn't dealt with - I make that point because the effects of the structural changes to northern cities over the last 50 years are so huge, that it's mammoth task to get to grips with these areas.

But on the recent visit, much of the Anfield area has brand new houses, waste land is being tied up, a lot of investment is being pumped in. Good to see.

I loved the city centre already, but the £1B investment in Liverpool One, made it even better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely, and we all did. I'll let [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] fill you in on how that worked out for him though, should he want to.

I fell asleep in my calzone.

But it really was a very long long time ago.

:rolleyes::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here