Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away Kit

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It's all about the marketing.
Live on Telly, too good a chance to miss.
Yeah, I guess that's the reason, and if pushed on the issue the club will probably chunter on about obscure kit rules, exposure, shirt limits, sponsorship rights, marketing agreements etc. They would also probably say that if they didn't wear the green shirt at every televised opportunity then no one would buy them, but does anyone really go, "Wow! I didn't know Brighton played away in green! I must get one!" After all people buy the training tops and we never see them.

EDIT: I must say that actually I like the green shirt as an item of clothing. However I never buy replica shirts so all the exposure in the world won't get me to buy one. And if you're the type to buy shirts you'll probably buy it anyway even if the team never actually wear it. Gotta get them all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, I guess that's the reason, and if pushed on the issue the club will probably chunter on about obscure kit rules, exposure, shirt limits, sponsorship rights, marketing agreements etc. They would also probably say that if they didn't wear the green shirt at every televised opportunity then no one would buy them, but does anyone really go, "Wow! I didn't know Brighton played away in green! I must get one!" After all people buy the training tops and we never see them.

EDIT: I must say that actually I like the green shirt as an item of clothing. However I never buy replica shirts so all the exposure in the world won't get me to buy one. And if you're the type to buy shirts you'll probably buy it anyway even if the team never actually wear it. Gotta get them all.
I wonder how many actually have bought one - let alone how many ever wear it. I too don't buy replica shirts, but if I did it would only ever be a blue and white one.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
This just simply isn’t true. Players do not have a view downwards onto the pitch, they are pitch level - the colour they need to distinguish against is the crowd or stand, not trees or the rest of the park, like you would be used to at Sunday league. Clubs like Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen and Plymouth have played in green for their entire club histories.
Just think how good these teams would've been if they played in yellow! Plymouth would be challenging Man City. And why haven't Ireland won the world cup? Green is why.

I think if you have to look at the ball to pass it you are not going to be a decent player...
Rubbish - I'm exceptionally good. I move my lips when I read too - is that wrong as well?

Green is the easiest colour to distinguish, and the easiest to see at a distance
Yeah right (see army comment above).

I have also spent many years playing sunday league/5-a-side and can confirm I would use any old excuse for playing shit :wink:
:cheers:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's all about the marketing.
Live on Telly, too good a chance to miss.
We can hide behind the fact Saints had white stripes on their tops.
Not supposed to have any matching colours (we wore Green socks not white).

I thought the away socks were supposed to be black, which would have been easier to pick out a pass rather than looking at green on green.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Southampton's socks are black (and red), so technically a clash.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not buy replica shirts as I think they look riduloux on anybody over 35 or above a size XL but that is just a personal view but I do understand the need to show them as often as possible to dncourage the numbers under those limits to buy them, I actually quite like them but would be more interested in buyjng a polo shurt in size 4xl even iv only to order in either blue or the away colour green

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
they wore pink in as a dedication to the closing of the Pink Saturday newspaper.......just like we used to have in Sussex post match.......anyone remember that ?

Wasn't the Pink Argus the football special on sale outside the Goldstone as we walked out. Always had all the results including Brightons which finished seconds before. Obviously not true but time does strange things to the memory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here