Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away Kit

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry if covered before but why dont we use blue and white away more when there is not a colour clash. Barber often quoted now we are in big time we must increase our brand awareness . Surely when on TV and shown all round world it is an opportunity to show of our blue and white. Unless I am mistaken very rarely see Man Utd in anything but red unless there is a clash.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry if covered before but why dont we use blue and white away more when there is not a colour clash. Barber often quoted now we are in big time we must increase our brand awareness . Surely when on TV and shown all round world it is an opportunity to show of our blue and white. Unless I am mistaken very rarely see Man Utd in anything but red unless there is a clash.

Man utd have worn pink in their last two away games have they not?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You are mistaken, Manure played in all white at Watford at the weekend, when they could have worn red.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You are mistaken, Manure played in all white at Watford at the weekend, when they could have worn red.

Mmm, me thinks it is you who is mistaken!!! [emoji23]
6b4290198c6b6b86d0f0a56d74a053b5.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
No thats just a rose coloured tint on your spectacles !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to somebody who phoned Radio 5 (who were pretty scathing about our unnecessary use of an away kit) 1 in 12 men can't tell red from blue.......no, I don't believe it either.

And just for the record, I too, like many on NSC, would far rather see the Albion turning out looking like Brighton and Hove Albion in our blue and white stripes instead of a team dressed as Santa's little helpers.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
According to somebody who phoned Radio 5 (who were pretty scathing about our unnecessary use of an away kit) 1 in 12 men can't tell red from blue.......no, I don't believe it either.

And just for the record, I too, like many on NSC, would far rather see the Albion turning out looking like Brighton and Hove Albion in our blue and white stripes instead of a team dressed as Santa's little helpers.

I thought it was red and green, making the decision to wear the away kit more odd.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I thought it was red and green, making the decision to wear the away kit more odd.

I am red/green colour blind, and I struggled to clearly tell the difference between the two teams on the TV last night. It got a bit easier as the game went on, but would have been so much better if we had been playing in blue & white, or even yellow.

Obviously the shorts were different, and saints had white stripes, but my first reaction after kick off was that both teams appeared to be wearing very similar coloured shirts, and it did annoy me a bit (although not as much as the performance in the first 45 minutes).

Last edited:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I can only imagine its like the film predator out there, perhaps I can forgive Stephens if this was a similar view to his...

figures.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's be honest, it nothing to do with the kits clashing any more. How else do you explain Southampton playing in Red and White stripes at home, but have an away kit which is, well, red and darker red stripes.

Saints.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am red/green colour blind, and I struggled to clearly tell the difference between the two teams on the TV last night. It got a bit easier as the game went on, but would have been so much better if we had been playing in blue & white, or even yellow.

Obviously the shorts were different, and saints had white stripes, but my first reaction after kick off was that both teams appeared to be wearing very similar coloured shirts, and it did annoy me a bit (although not as much as the performance in the first 45 minutes).

Same with me, I was looking at the player to recognises them, it was worse with the players with their back to you because they were plain backs without any stripes. First half it was quite easy to tell our players from theirs I found as ours were then ones without the ball for 45 minutes.

el punal

Oh, I don’t know, but Saints fans thought that Christmas had come early for us with their Yuletide generosity of shit defending.
Altogether now - “Hark now hear the Brighton score as Southampton give the the ball away . . .” :xmas:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thjnk it it 2 fold we have an away kit now as opposed to a change strip and for sales etc wear it as much as possible. Also while not a colour clash both teams wearing stripes may not have been acceptable for TV. I remember a game at Withdean, I think it was Rochdale, when Greer came on as a sub and got a red card soon after. Their shirts although not blue were very difficult to distinguish from our stripes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here