Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your stand out moments from last night

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Their left back deliberately letting a throw of the ball to him go through his hands to waste time when they were 2-1 up. Pathetic. The sort of stuff you would expect from a Pullis or Warnock team.

I thought about that after we equalised.....and laughed

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Our fans singing "two nil and you f***ed it up" AS WE WERE DEFENDING A DANGEROUS FREE KICK. Have you goons got no idea how the football Gods work? As Danny Baker would say you may as well stand up and shout "Nothing can go wrong now"! I can only assume the football Gods switched off after the first half.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our fans singing "two nil and you f***ed it up" AS WE WERE DEFENDING A DANGEROUS FREE KICK. Have you goons got no idea how the football Gods work? As Danny Baker would say you may as well stand up and shout "Nothing can go wrong now"! I can only assume the football Gods switched off after the first half.
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] and I could not believe people were signing that then. Utterly ridiculous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I haven’t seen the highlights yet so might be totally wrong, but at the end of the match when we were attacking there looked like there was a collision between two Saints defenders who fell over and the ref then blew for a free kick when Muzza was through 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Did anyone else think he should have played on?

Jahanbakhsh was also involved. I can see why the foul was given, although a bit soft.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It may have been mentioned, but the 'light show' was the highlight for me, in a 'What the **** is that?' sort of way.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] and I could not believe people were signing that then. Utterly ridiculous.

Quite. Just begging, praying, nay pleading for them to score.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
low - Stephens looking around for someone to pass to and then passing it into and empty space between two Southampton players (unless he mistook the pitch for our away shirt?)

High- took my eleven year old daughter to her first away game who was in awe of the noise we made - she couldn't understand why the Amex isn't that loud as it has more Brighton fans in it. - we sit in west lower

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I almost applauded their first goal - an old skool screamer, and it looks better every time. Their goalie's reaction claw-it-over-the-crossbar save from Locadia's header was fantastic too.

The first few minutes of the second half were sooo exciting, given how grimly we'd played just 15 minutes earlier. It was a bit like the Sheff Weds game: We. Are. Going. To. Score.

Watching AK not stop running (there was a moment in the second half where he was like a dog after a rabbit, he chased everything down hard for about a minute straight), and on TV, the sight of fans in that little pocket of blue and white jumping up and down. Seriously, is there anything more gladdening to the heart than a silent stadium, apart from a couple of thousand people going mental?

Any reasons aside from commercial ones that we didn't wear the stripes last night? Not a fan of the camouflage kit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This........it’s all about the timing. A free kick to them on the edge of the box in injury time IS NOT THE TIME

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We definitely fielded 2 different Proppers.

I think in the first half it was some bloke who looked like Propper who literally couldn’t keep the ball and in fact gave it away in the lead up to the saints first goal.

Thankfully the proper Propper came on in the second half.
Oo, nice use of proper Propper there :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Me and my son jumping around the front room after Murray's penalty.
2. Basking in the 30 minutes post-match analysis of how the hell we came back and how Saints f*cked it up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually I was very impressed with Ali j when he came on!

I have a sneaking suspicion that solly's current run may be short lived. I would certainly start Ali

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
For me, it was the Chicken Tendercrisp meal from Burger King and Chococino Muffins from Winchester Services on the way to the game.

Oh yes and Murray's salvage penalty.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In the 1st half, it honestly didn't get better than the moment I found the spare back door key down the back of the sofa. I'd been looking everywhere for that.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
For me, it was the Chicken Tendercrisp meal from Burger King and Chococino Muffins from Winchester Services on the way to the game.

Oh yes and Murray's salvage penalty.

Low point was the McD near Romsey not having any shakes and the high point was discovering a frappisomethingorother that was caramelled up to the hilt and a more than adequate substitute

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here