Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Warwickshire CCC, LVCC Div2, Hove, 18-21 September 2018,10.30 KO's***

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just had a look at the Division 1 table to see who we might be playing next season. It shows Lancashire in a relegation spot. That can't be right, can it? I thought they were World Champions or something.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only positive is that come the end of the season we'll have missed out on promotion by at least 20 points and not some agonisingly small margin.

What I would give to have someone like Bell in our batting line-up.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Bell looked a proper batsman today, playing himself in and then expanding his shots. He was occasionally beaten but I do not believe he gave a single chance. He looked class. He might well be worth another shout for England given the lack of quality and particularly as we are touring spin friendly countries.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Robbo STRIKES....!!!

The Bears' collapse continues.

Just hope the pitch is as good as it appears to be. If we can get 180 or so past them by lunchtime on Friday then it will be very interesting.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm a bit baffled as to why Sussex prepared such a good pitch. Our only (slim) hope of promotion was to bowl them out twice - so why did you make a pitch where batters can book themselves in for bed and breakfast?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm a bit baffled as to why Sussex prepared such a good pitch. Our only (slim) hope of promotion was to bowl them out twice - so why did you make a pitch where batters can book themselves in for bed and breakfast?

.........until Sussex bat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yup, I don't really like that I'm thinking it but I'm in this boat for exactly those reasons.

I love watching an in form Bell as well (except when he's piling runs up against Sussex.)

If Jennings got an extended second chance then maybe Stoneman deserves a second chance too, especially as he's forged such a successful opening partnership with Cook heir-apparent Burns. I'd take Bell in my squad too.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
14-3 and with Haines injured effectively 14-4, surely the batting lineup is a clear issue that needs addressing before next season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here