Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Killing Eve

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was also in 4 Weddings - but where is his boss from .... he seems very familiar ?

He's been in a fair few things, he was the husband in a comedy I can't remember,.
He was in Whites the chef comedy with Alan Davies, that I can remember.
As well as Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency with Stephen Mangan.

RaphaelMeade

Aug 30, 2011
The MI5 'bants' & general lightheartedness is cringey & embarrassing. All the characters are cliched & derivative.
Fair enough if you're watching this for light entertainment, no one's taking it as serious piece of TV, right?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best series so far this year I give you Sharp Objects.
Nah, although I did what the whole thing and was satisfied by the conclusion I just couldn't settle into it, due to the constant flashbacks.

Best series so far this year is Osark.

The MI5 'bants' & general lightheartedness is cringey & embarrassing. All the characters are cliched & derivative.
Fair enough if you're watching this for light entertainment, no one's taking it as serious piece of TV, right?

Blimey after watching Dr Who do you scream at your telephone for not moving you through time and relative dimension in space?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm with you. they tried to do a kind of Cagney and Lacey banter while discussing national security issues and ended up calling a senior manager a "Dick Swab " WTF ! a strange programme, it showed one killing in grisly detail and four at one time in aftermath, no doubt our assassin bounced down the hall without a drop of blood on her or a hair out of place in the out takes. Ridiculous.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The writer has, to date, written black-comedy drama. Killing Eve is a black-comedy drama. If you're expecting anything else then you will not get it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The writer has, to date, written black-comedy drama. Killing Eve is a black-comedy drama. If you're expecting anything else then you will not get it.

sort of had a ring of kill bill about it , Deep State is another one worth watching imo although not much humour in it.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
sort of had a ring of kill bill about it , Deep State is another one worth watching imo although not much humour in it.
Agree - it reminded me very much of Kill Bill, and all the more excellent for it. Those above, critiquing it as a serious police/MI5 drama are missing the point by a mile.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just finished it. Not a very satisfying ending but an enjoyable romp. 7.75/10

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess I’m in a minority having watched the first episode last night and thought it was just a sensationalist effort to show how unpleasant writers think people can be. Murder, gore, violence does nothing for me, even if it is wrapped up with good actors and what passes as a good script.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I guess I’m in a minority having watched the first episode last night and thought it was just a sensationalist effort to show how unpleasant writers think people can be. Murder, gore, violence does nothing for me, even if it is wrapped up with good actors and what passes as a good script.

The odd thing is, I was prepared to overlook that (the hairpin scene is not one for the squeamish) but what you say is beginning to grate now I've just started episode 4. I can't really divulge why as I don't want to spoil anything but her churlish baby-girl act after committing another act of barely-believable gratuitous murder is really quite unpleasant viewing. I'll stick with it simply because I'm half way through, and some of the acting is indeed excellent.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I started watching The Bodyguard last night. First two episodes, and I'm enjoying it. I'll add Killing Eve to my list now :thumbsup:

Talking of bodyguard, did anybody else see Glenn Murray driving the black range rover which picks up the ex-aide girl

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I am halfway through it, but cant understand why the cold hearted assassin suddenly decides to be nice an emotional to Sandra Oh the main character, who is trying to end her career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here