Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Killing Eve

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone else watching this? It’s brilliant. Probably the best thing I have seen on telly for a long, long time.

On iPlayer now. Fantastic stuff.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyone else watching this? It’s brilliant. Probably the best thing I have seen on telly for a long, long time.

On iPlayer now. Fantastic stuff.

Just waiting for your other fine recommendation Bodyguard to finish then will move to this, how come it’s on iplayer, it doesn’t start till the weekend???

Also have Strangers to look forward too! BBC seem to be producing a lot of intense dramas, Black Earth Rising?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seen the first three episodes with the good lady Dr her indoors. Excellent writing and brilliantly acted. It’s really innovative plotting too - we have no idea why each victim has been chosen to be assassinated, but it doesn’t matter; it’s all about the two leads.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just waiting for your other fine recommendation Bodyguard to finish then will move to this, how come it’s on iplayer, it doesn’t start till the weekend???

Also have Strangers to look forward too! BBC seem to be producing a lot of intense dramas, Black Earth Rising?

Sometimes they just put the whole box set up on iPlayer before a series starts, spread some word of mouth I guess? I reckon you’ll enjoy it . I’m hooked!

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seen the first three episodes with the good lady Dr her indoors. Excellent writing and brilliantly acted. It’s really innovative plotting too - we have no idea why each victim has been chosen to be assassinated, but it doesn’t matter; it’s all about the two leads.

Agree. Utterly compelling.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

1st episode was shown on BBC1 on Saturday, with 2nd this Saturday so you can watch in the conventional way, or binge watch via BBC iplayer

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I watched it a few months ago, as recommended on 'obscure'.

You'll be pleased to know Jodie Comer's performance doesn't let up, if anything it gets better

For those of you with teenage daughters Constantine has a line towards the end that all but betters the whole series.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like that it goes from the glamour of places like Paris to looking for brown sauce in a ropey British motorway cafe within a couple of scenes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I started watching The Bodyguard last night. First two episodes, and I'm enjoying it. I'll add Killing Eve to my list now :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just finished it. A bit 'meh' if I'm honest. Was OK.

Suspect you may be alone - or in the company of a very few - on that one.

Not really fair to compare it Bodyguard because, while both feature the security services, they are totally different in approach, scope and subject matter. Bodyguard doesn't really dwell on the main character's psychological issues - even thought they're not far from the surface. In Killing Eve, those issues are front and centre - and drive the whole plot.

Sandra Oh and Judy Comer are both superb. Loved it.

Second series being shot now and is on TV in the Spring.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw the first episode last not on iplayer and was not that impressed. Tried to build a kind of rapport between Oh and her colleague but it seemed to contrived, if they were any kind of Secret Service officers I would be worried for our country. Our gorgeous assassin is experienced way beyond her years it seems and although visually stunning is unbelievable. How she can kill two trained and armed police officers ten yards apart at the same time without alerting anyone is ridiculous.

Finally the dialogue seems to have been ever so obviously " Americanised " with a view to overseas sales I think ? Strange to hear Oh and her fellow officer calling an even more senior officer a " Dick Swab " whatever that is ? is this an upgrade from the usual " Douche Bag " type insult ? both are meaningless in the context of the show...… can't see Sergeant Budd calling anyone a Dick Swab. Not for me.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saw the first episode last not on iplayer and was not that impressed. Tried to build a kind of rapport between Oh and her colleague but it seemed to contrived, if they were any kind of Secret Service officers I would be worried for our country. Our gorgeous assassin is experienced way beyond her years it seems and although visually stunning is unbelievable. How she can kill two trained and armed police officers ten yards apart at the same time without alerting anyone is ridiculous.

Finally the dialogue seems to have been ever so obviously " Americanised " with a view to overseas sales I think ? Strange to hear Oh and her fellow officer calling an even more senior officer a " Dick Swab " whatever that is ? is this an upgrade from the usual " Douche Bag " type insult ? both are meaningless in the context of the show...… can't see Sergeant Budd calling anyone a Dick Swab. Not for me.

It's a BBC America production and was first shown over there a few months ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here