Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Killing Eve

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a BBC America production and was first shown over there a few months ago.

Thanks, that explains a lot. Surprised we have not had scenes in London of rain or fog already ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks, that explains a lot. Surprised we have not had scenes in London of rain or fog already ?

If you can park your brain somewhere, and just go with the far-fetchedness of it all, I'd definitely recommend keeping with it.
I found the 'background' music too on the nose and certainly not in the background.

But Jodie Cromer is immense, as the saying goes 'her performance was worth the license fee alone'.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Well i watched the first on I-player today and a no from me

Too far fetched and a pity as it could have been a goer.

Guess i'll stick to my Scandanavian noir

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Nice try at a comparison, but it didn't quite work!

Just felt at times it was a bit comedy-esque and not something i was personally looking for.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nice try at a comparison, but it didn't quite work!

Just felt at times it was a bit comedy-esque and not something i was personally looking for.

It's the comedy bit that helps make it though. Brilliant series. While partly made for then American market it's kept it's 'Britishness' and the two lead ladies are superb.

Seem to be spoilt for decent dramas at the moment with this, Bodyguard and Wanderlust.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Took you 8 episodes to conclude it’s “meh”. Ok.

Nope, not at all.

Quite enjoyed the first 2, so carried on to 4/5.

Was not going to give up having gone so far, and whilst interested how the denouement would turn out, felt it all got a bit far fetched and silly.

Just my opinion, but much prefer, from recent offerings, The Court and Cover Story.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nope, not at all.

Quite enjoyed the first 2, so carried on to 4/5.

Was not going to give up having gone so far, and whilst interested how the denouement would turn out, felt it all got a bit far fetched and silly.

Just my opinion, but much prefer, from recent offerings, The Court and Cover Story.

Fair enough. Like I said, I’m only 3 episodes in; I hope I don’t feel the same as you by the end - but maybe I will?

Thanks for the recommendations for other things to watch...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why is anyone comparing it to a Bodyguard? Totally different programs.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With the content of 'black humour' so far up to episode 5, it reminds me of a Quentin Tarantino esq' style drama IMO

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just watched the second episode and I think I'm falling for Jodie Cromer. If I'm ever going to be assasinated then please let it be her that does it !

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just watched the second episode and I think I'm falling for Jodie Cromer. If I'm ever going to be assasinated then please let it be her that does it !

She was triffic in Thirteen too.

Jodie_Comer_answers_our_burning_questions_after_Thirteen_episode_2.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why is anyone comparing it to a Bodyguard? Totally different programs.

I think people are comparing Eve / Bodyguard simply because they are prime time much hyped drama's that are currently overlapping.

I won't be watching anymore of Killing Eve, I'm not good on gore and violence and that Hairpin sequence was enough for me to go off and get the kettle on. I don't have any empathy for either main character either and they have rather blown it by releasing news of a second series before most people have seen an episode. Ergo it should be renamed Coming Tantalisingly Close to Killing Eve, .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here