Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst ever sub performance

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's played 47 mins in the Prem. Good to see nobody is jumping to conclusions.

That Hughton has only used him as a last resort, desperate last roll of the dice, meaning he has featured for so few minutes, should be telling us all we need to know.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
It was a respectable attempt at goal.
I’m sure you were concerned about the rest of his performance though.
Locadia has been battered on nsc and understandably so imho, not that it helps.
What I don’t get is why we let hemed go out on loan . He is a limited player but has proved he can make a positive difference at this level.
Instead of hemed we have locadia as our impact sub. If ever a player needed to go out on loan it’s locadia.
FWIW I don’t think locadia is necessarily a bad player. But the way he is being used at the moment is making it worse for everybody.
He should have gone out on loan, playing at a less demanding level. Hemed should have been coming on last night

Yes this is spot on.
If it wasn't for Hemed`s sending off last season we could be applauding him .
At least we know he gives his all and knows where the net is and would have been a better sub to come on last night.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Looks like a confidence thing. Put him in the U23 pool and give him some run outs until he gets himself sorted.
Then put Aaron into the first team squad as back up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Worst sub performance was that defender who came on during an Adams game at Withdean. He came on during a free kick and got sent off within a few minutes of his arrival. Can’t recall his name though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly, I thought he made some good runs, found space, drew defenders away from Muzza and offered something which had been missing. Granted he fell over the ball and had some misplaced passes.. who didnt tonight.. but I still think he has something to work with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When someone resorts to saying “he drew defenders away”.....you know the player is shite. Get rid.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He is a limited player but has proved he can make a positive difference at this level.
Instead of hemed we have locadia as our impact sub. If ever a player needed to go out on loan it’s locadia.

Sending Locadia on loan in the summer would have been premature and disastrous for his confidence. Although there’s a small chance if things don’t pick up that a Jan loan might be on cards but it would require a replacement / no injuries so most unlikely.
Did Hemed really prove himself in the prem ? By January he’d been earmarked for a loan by Hughton and then when that didn’t come off he was relegated to 5th choice striker by Ulloa/locadia even Baldock and wasn’t seen again ...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Locadia performance is the worst i have ever seen from a sub.surely andone or Izzy must be on bench instead v spurs

Ah, to be so young and starry eyed that anything we do at this level could be viewed as "worst ....ever".

You never went to see us play home games at Priestfield did you, young Padawan.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In my mind, you can ignore the standing on the ball. That's a player COMPLETELY lacking in confidence who has had a complete and utter brain malfunction and done something stupid. He doesn't NORMALLY stand on the ball and if that was one of his traits then he wouldn't be a footballer.

For me, it was the poor touches and worryingly, when he had time and space, the DITHERING which was a concern. Of course some of that is the confidence thing and the silly foul was a desperate attempt to make up for a mistake, but I just can't see how he will get a run in the team.

Really he has to wait to January (FA Cup 3rd round) to get a realistic chance to start and, to be honest, it may well have been mutually agreed to try and part ways by then anyway.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At least we know Hemed knows where the net is and would have been a better sub to come on last night.

He’s scored 2 goals (West Brom /Newcastle) in 847 premier league minutes . Locadia has 1 in 270.
Locadia hasn’t covered himself in glory clearly but Hemed was hardly a goal machine either.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Locadia has been battered on nsc and understandably so imho, not that it helps.
What I don’t get is why we let hemed go out on loan . He is a limited player but has proved he can make a positive difference at this level.
FWIW I don’t think locadia is necessarily a bad player. But the way he is being used at the moment is making it worse for everybody.
He should have gone out on loan, playing at a less demanding level. Hemed should have been coming on last night

Yes this is spot on.
If it wasn't for Hemed`s sending off last season we could be applauding him .
At least we know he gives his all and knows where the net is and would have been a better sub to come on last night.

I think we did the right thing by Hemed. He wanted first team football, didn't want to hit 32 fighting for minutes off the bench. Murray's form and new signings were an indication he'd be up against it. Had he wanted to stay and fight for his place, I reckon he would still be here. Team spirit is built on many things but it is also built on doing the right things by players that have served you well. In all honesty he'd have had a few substitute appearances so far this season, whereas he's starting every game at present.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jonathan Obika – that is who I was trying to think of that reminded me of substitute appearances where the player didn't appear to have played football before...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ah, to be so young and starry eyed that anything we do at this level could be viewed as "worst ....ever".

You never went to see us play home games at Priestfield did you, young Padawan.

I think the issue is we paid 14 million for him and we expected him to hit the ground running

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
He played c 270 mins in total now since last Feb.

223 last season and yes, 47 this.

Correct - he's played one half of a football match this season . It's therefore too quick to judge him. Ok he doesnt look great so far but that might change this weekend . He needs a run of games thats for sure - and you need to smile Jurgen that might help . Life could be a lot worse after all

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the issue is we paid 14 million for him and we expected him to hit the ground running

Man Utd paid £50m for Fred.

The actual money spent is utterly ludicrous, and shouldn't be taken too literally, as there are so many other factors that come into play. How long they have left on their contract, release clauses, and if we're honest, back-handers, money to agents, and potentially laundering of dodgy cash. All that comes into play in the "transfer market" which has to be the least reflective of true value of any market in existence.

Anyway, the OP was not referring to money, just the worst sub performance ever. Ah, to never have memory of the likes of Stafford Browne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here