Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst ever sub performance

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ah, to be so young and starry eyed that anything we do at this level could be viewed as "worst ....ever".

You never went to see us play home games at Priestfield did you, young Padawan.

Yep. A clear sign that the OP is a JCL, I remember subs who looked like they'd never seen a football before (actually, in Jonny Dixon's case, I'm not so sure that he had).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why, oh why, didn't he just hit the bloody thing when he was in front of goal, when you've got Murray in your side you pepper the goal because he'll always be on hand to knock it in with his knee, cheek or arse!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Locadia performance is the worst i have ever seen from a sub.surely andone or Izzy must be on bench instead v spurs

Then you never saw Akpom! Locadia at least tries; he just doesn't appear to be anywhere close to PL standard and should have been retained only to clean Tomer's boots.

However, not only was Akpom devoid of any talent he was a lazy shit as well.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Totally unfair IMHO. His header that their goalkeeper saved was a stooping one, on target. He was also quite involved in a lot of play when he came on. OK not that successfully but if he had been totally anonymous people would have been a bit ore justified in their criticism of the lad. I think he will come good but believe Andone will be the go-to substitute with maybe Connoly or Gyokeres there as well.

So lay off Locadia FFS!

TNBA

TTF

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Graeme Smith against Huddersfield had a great start - came on after Kuipers had been sent off, got booked for dissent before play started. First action to pick the ball out the net. Then let in another 4 or 5 goals.

el punal

I've tried to withhold judgement and convince myself that he just needs game time, but he's had plenty long enough here now to show something to CH that he's worth it...and he's clearly failed. Tonight was a new nadir. A presentable opportunity to at least get an effort on goal, and he trips over the ball. Then we're under the cosh having just equalised, he receives the ball deep in our half, passes it straight to a stripe, then compounds it by running after him and fouling him just outside the box. Another night Ward-Prowse pings that in, but this time we got away with it.

I've had it now. Let him pursue his shit YouTube rapping career, and concentrate on collecting more elaborate tattoos. Its another Dutch duffer who needs to be farmed out. No matter how thorough your scouting and recruitment team is, there's inevitably always one of these herberts waiting in the wings that rocks up and stinks the place out - he's not the first, he won't be the last. Sometimes it just doesn't pan out, and this is one of them. Unfortunately a very expensive bollock has been dropped, it would appear we now have our very own van Wolfswinkle.

Cut losses, get rid.

Well we all know what will happen next. He’ll come on as a first choice or sub selection, play a blinder and score a hat trick. Then a huge humble pie will be consumed by all concerned. Wishful thinking, mais non? :D

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
He had a bit of a crap game, but in the first half we were utter pants all round.

I don't think we have seen nearly enough of him in the first team to write him off completely.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And yet he could have scored the equaliser if it wasn’t for a fantastic save from McCarthy. He did everything right with that header and was unlucky.

We do still need to back him. He really hasn’t had that long on the pitch for us in fairness to him, he just needs to find some confidence from somewhere. I have every faith in our recruitment team that they have signed another good player and he will come good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, to be so young and starry eyed that anything we do at this level could be viewed as "worst ....ever".

You never went to see us play home games at Priestfield did you, young Padawan.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I thought it was a bizarre signing at the time. His goalscoring record in Holland wasn't the greatest

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Graeme Smith against Huddersfield had a great start - came on after Kuipers had been sent off, got booked for dissent before play started. First action to pick the ball out the net. Then let in another 4 or 5 goals.

Didn't he save the first one but let in another one later on? I might be getting my history confused though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure what has happened to Dutch football since 2010 but he appears to be the latest in a very long line of players who’ve come here and stunk out the league. Last night he looked massively inept but then a spell back with the Dutch national side turned Propper from one of our best players pre break to someone who looked like he’d never met his team mates for 45 minutes last night.

It’s not going to be easy to get rid of Locadia just like that but he needs to go to someone that isn’t us and get his confidence back by playing and scoring. Is he allowed to go to The Red Lion now or do you have to wait for the window even in the Sussex Sunday League Division 5?
No idea. Do they allow DJing at their open mic nights?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He had a bit of a crap game, but in the first half we were utter pants all round.

I don't think we have seen nearly enough of him in the first team to write him off completely.

I'm loathe to do that myself, but perhaps the reason we've not seen much of him in the first team in the 18 months he's been here is because Hughton isn't seeing enough from him in training to warrant giving him some starts. Murrays form is a factor in that of course, but from the outside looking in, I don't think Locadia is giving Chris much of a selection headache thus far. He's not had much game time, but what he has had he's been totally ineffectual.

I will happily come back on here and plough my way through a slab of humble pie if Locadia turns it round and starts ripping it up in the PL. I honestly honestly hope he does. But on the evidence so far, I really can't see that happening.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm loathe to do that myself, but perhaps the reason we've not seen much of him in the first team in the 18 months he's been here is because Hughton isn't seeing enough from him in training to warrant giving him some starts. Murrays form is a factor in that of course, but from the outside looking in, I don't think Locadia is giving Chris much of a selection headache thus far. He's not had much game time, but what he has had he's been totally ineffectual.

I will happily come back on here and plough my way through a slab of humble pie if Locadia turns it round and starts ripping it up in the PL. I honestly honestly hope he does. But on the evidence so far, I really can't see that happening.

18 months?!?!? He's been here since January?!?!

But yeah, he's got problems. Should possibly have dropped down into the championship for a loan spell, got to grips with the English game, because right now he's absolute pox.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here