Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper - I'm sorry

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, maybe he could be more involved. I don’t disagree with you necessarily.

But I also think it’s quite hard to be a real footballer with immense talent playing for a bottom eight side that doesn’t tend to have much possession or dictate matches against any opposition, let alone one as good as Spurs. I think if you’re judging him on tackles or distance run you’ll always be disappointed. But in home games against the other rubbish teams, I reckon he and Gross are our best chance of playing good football, setting the tempo and controlling games that will ultimately see us beat a lot of those sides.

In the early part of last season, all three of our CMs had excellent distance covered stats. I'd doubt this has changed significantly in the interim period, but willing to be proved wrong if anyone's got any evidence for it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes, maybe he could be more involved. I don’t disagree with you necessarily.

But I also think it’s quite hard to be a real footballer with immense talent playing for a bottom eight side that doesn’t tend to have much possession or dictate matches against any opposition, let alone one as good as Spurs. I think if you’re judging him on tackles or distance run you’ll always be disappointed. But in home games against the other rubbish teams, I reckon he and Gross are our best chance of playing good football, setting the tempo and controlling games that will ultimately see us beat a lot of those sides.

I think your giving him way too much credit, have no stats but how many goals has he scored, assists made, shots on target. The earlier post providing stats about todays contribution are quite appaling, I see running behind play, pointlessly pointing behind him, giving the ball away, making lacklustre attempts at tackles and headers. he is a pushover for the opposition on tackles. This is not new and was evident last season, he certainly is not the man some are painting on here and with his almost automatic selection I have to question. As for one comment on here that he may be snapped up by one of the top six, your surely misguided. HUghton may be loyal and want to wrap his arm around certain players but its time to call in because Propper is being carried in this team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My observations, it'll be plus minus a pass or so. I kinda made a rod for my back by starting this thread, so I made a point of watching him throughout the game. It wasn't pretty, he didn't touch the ball til the 29th minute.

I said on another thread that the game seemed to pass the midfields by, likewise I didn’t really notice Dembele till the second half :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My observations, it'll be plus minus a pass or so. I kinda made a rod for my back by starting this thread, so I made a point of watching him throughout the game. It wasn't pretty, he didn't touch the ball til the 29th minute.

Well, my observations indicate that he touched the ball far more frequently than yours. We did only have c28% possession, so this will be reflected in all our passing stats, but he played deep midfield when Stephens went off, and seemed to do it pretty well in the second half. Can't remember him giving the ball away either.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, my observations indicate that he touched the ball far more frequently than yours. We did only have c28% possession, so this will be reflected in all our passing stats, but he played deep midfield when Stephens went off, and seemed to do it pretty well in the second half. Can't remember him giving the ball away either.

He didn't give the ball away. He did hardly touch it though. No more than 6 passes. The most frustrating thing about him playing deep midfield was how completely nowhere he was when Lamela scored.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He didn't give the ball away. He did hardly touch it though. No more than 6 passes. The most frustrating thing about him playing deep midfield was how completely nowhere he was when Lamela scored.

You've mostly been careful on this thread, and are certainly not one to kick off unnecessarily but, given the contribution directly above, can we agree that you got this spectacularly wrong?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here