Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Totally agree. You have to hand it to the lad, he’s a trier. He came on and his directness and pace did offer them something else to think about, even if he wasn’t that effective. He seems to have a lovely knack of getting into goal scoring positions which is a great sign. He just needs one to go in off his arse right now

Exactly...his stooping header was very good and needed an excellent save from the Scummers golaie. He also was involved which for me is better than being a shrinking violet with no presence....

GIVE HIM A BLOODY BREAK EVERYONE AND CONCENTRATE ON THE POSITIVES OF THE PERFORMANCE.

TNBA

TTF

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I honestly struggle to judge the guy on the limited time he's played so far. There's something there in terms of movement, I just don't think we're remotely set up to utilise what could be his strengths.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps we should try him for 45 mins in the next U,23s game and then replace him with Andone. It is hard on thd U,23s who are doing well but isnt the end aim making the first XI better not .winning the U,23s league that is a by product.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Just watched the free highlights and the extended highlights.

No coverage of the Locadia step over on either. Shocking omission

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If people want to assess his finishing, I urge you to watch Locadia in the final warm ups before kick off, when all the attacking players take knock-ons to shoot against the keeper.
In the warm ups I've seen, he possess a lot of power in the shot, but lacks any kind of composure or accuracy. A lot of his shots are miss-hit or blazed high and wide. A marked contrast to the smooth and classy finishing of the likes of Gross and Murray.
Even in unopposed situations the lad looks any bit like a goal-scoring forward.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
I watched the game last night and the kindest thing I can say is that "things didn't fall right for him". However I've watched a few videos of his highlights while playing for PSV and it looks to me that he was successful in a front 3 playing a sort of free, wide role playing off a central striker. Whilst that doesn't excuse him for last night, I'm not sure he's the type of player to directly replace Glenn Murray if we persevere with playing one up top. Where he fits in and playing to his perceived strengths, I'm not so sure, hence I think he may also be confused!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If people want to assess his finishing, I urge you to watch Locadia in the final warm ups before kick off, when all the attacking players take knock-ons to shoot against the keeper.
In the warm ups I've seen, he possess a lot of power in the shot, but lacks any kind of composure or accuracy. A lot of his shots are miss-hit or blazed high and wide. A marked contrast to the smooth and classy finishing of the likes of Gross and Murray.
Even in unopposed situations the lad looks any bit like a goal-scoring forward.

What does the pre match warm up prove? Absolutely zilch

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My notifications will be rammed with apologies when Locadia single handedly gets us into Europe.
You’re a ‘poor mans’ Ernest........and that’s really saying something.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Exactly...his stooping header was very good and needed an excellent save from the Scummers golaie. He also was involved which for me is better than being a shrinking violet with no presence....

GIVE HIM A BLOODY BREAK EVERYONE AND CONCENTRATE ON THE POSITIVES OF THE PERFORMANCE.

TNBA

TTF

This.

Jose was pants for his first few games and Locadia has not had the game time he needs to adjust with the talent we have up front keeping him on the bench. If Murray gets injured he may get his chance, but other than that he is going to have to rely on the odd 20 min run out every now and then. Not easy.

IMO Knocky has only just showed what he can do after a pretty poor first season adjusting to the PL, thought it was the end of him after the 3 match ban. Locadia needs more matches.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This.

Jose was pants for his first few games and Locadia has not had the game time he needs to adjust with the talent we have up front keeping him on the bench. If Murray gets injured he may get his chance, but other than that he is going to have to rely on the odd 20 min run out every now and then. Not easy.

IMO Knocky has only just showed what he can do after a pretty poor first season adjusting to the PL, thought it was the end of him after the 3 match ban. Locadia needs more matches.

He's had 9 months with us now. If he hasn't got enough game time that's because he hasn't earned it. He has had plenty of time to break into the squad. The one thing that makes me think there must be something to come from him is the fact that we allowed Hemed to leave and let Locadia have the number 9 shirt. Hughton must be expecting him to do something this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I watched the game last night and the kindest thing I can say is that "things didn't fall right for him". However I've watched a few videos of his highlights while playing for PSV and it looks to me that he was successful in a front 3 playing a sort of free, wide role playing off a central striker. Whilst that doesn't excuse him for last night, I'm not sure he's the type of player to directly replace Glenn Murray if we persevere with playing one up top. Where he fits in and playing to his perceived strengths, I'm not so sure, hence I think he may also be confused!

He didn't come on to replace Murray last night, did he?

Personally I think a few U23 games would be good for him - put Gyokeres or Connolly on the bench in his place for a few weeks.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What does the pre match warm up prove? Absolutely zilch

At least it gives you an idea of the calibre of player when taking on a shot.
From watching Locadia 3 or 4 times in shooting warm ups this season he manages to hit the target once every 3 or 4 shots. He was particuarly poor in a match scenerio against AFC Wimbledon pre season, when he was put through on goal two or three times and he failed to hit the target.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
He didn't come on to replace Murray last night, did he?

Personally I think a few U23 games would be good for him - put Gyokeres or Connolly on the bench in his place for a few weeks.

I meant not excusing him for last night on the basis he was indeed playing off a central striker in Murray (I'm presuming that was what he was asked to do!) The latter point was that imho he isn't a central striker so not sure he fits in with our 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
To give Locadia own heading very unfair. Very hard coming on for 15 mins. Thought March ,Proper and Bong were dire last night and they started and therefore contributed to our very poor first half. However dont think it serves any good highlighting an individual

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At least it gives you an idea of the calibre of player when taking on a shot.
From watching Locadia 3 or 4 times in shooting warm ups this season he manages to hit the target once every 3 or 4 shots. He was particuarly poor in a match scenerio against AFC Wimbledon pre season, when he was put through on goal two or three times and he failed to hit the target.
You are obviously forgetting the time spent on the training ground where he must be doing something right in the eyes of CH to get picked for the bench rather than 5 mins pre match.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Went to the ground very early for the Fulham Match.
He arrived an hour before the deadline and a good 30 mins before any other player.
This is no player who could not care less.
He should have been given more game time last season.
You will not see his strengths if you want him to have his back to goal.
His strength is his movement and pace when he is facing the goal.
He makes many runs hoping for the ball over the top but the midfield don't play it.
Actually think he should be utilised more away from home where we can play over the top to move us up the pitch and turn the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here