Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'd be helpful if Winstanley could share his target list with us, so we can start booing them now.

Finally someone talking sense.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm worried that some of our signings represent false economy. We are signing players from poor leagues (I don't count the Bundesliga here) because they supposedly represent better value for money. But then they have to adjust to British physicality and the intensity of the Premier League and sometimes they just won't be good enough. Whereas we may have to pay more for a proven Premier League player but they can adjust far more quickly. What's better, risking £12m + £22m on Locadia and Ali J or £34m on, say, Danny Wellbeck?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I'm worried that some of our signings represent false economy. We are signing players from poor leagues (I don't count the Bundesliga here) because they supposedly represent better value for money. But then they have to adjust to British physicality and the intensity of the Premier League and sometimes they just won't be good enough. Whereas we may have to pay more for a proven Premier League player but they can adjust far more quickly. What's better, risking £12m + £22m on Locadia and Ali J or £34m on, say, Danny Wellbeck?

AJ wasn't £22 million. Both Locadia and AJ will have sell on value (even if less than we paid) IF we sell them on.
Some foreign players will work, others won't but I'd hate to pay £34m for a player like Wellbeck!!
The wages demanded by British players are also insane. Wellbeck probably on 3x more than Locadia and AJ combined.
The biggest shame was that Newcastle refused to sell Mitrovic to us as relegation rivals when we and he were both keen - would have been ideal.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The main problem isn’t that a Locadia’s not very good, it’s that all the top teams hoover up those strikers who might otherwise play at a smaller club like ours. In the old days, the great leveller was the fact that big or small you could still only field 11 players and it was usually the same 11 too each week. Now, 3rd, 4th, 5th in line for the no.9 shirt are very happy to be as such because the pay is so eye wateringly different. 20-30 years ago they’d be leading the line at another club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only we'd bought Benteke!

I love the great unknowns, and given the choice would take them over a Danny Welbeck every single time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come back here and say that after the Junior Seagulls Christmas disco.

Bring you own glowstick & whistles.
Would Piglet's consider an ecstasy pie?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It'd be helpful if Winstanley could share his target list with us, so we can start booing them now.

Perhaps we should sort out shifts at various hospitals around the world, to boo the maternity wards. A number of those buggers are going to grow up and sign for us eventually...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We could have got CMS back for a one off special to chase around in a style that is ultimately pointless but endearing to supporters....

We have moved on. I have complete faith in Chris Hughton and find the NSC Saturday night shift managers to be highly risible.

oh well ...do excuse me for joining the debate , we were never going to get anything from this game

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The main problem isn’t that a Locadia’s not very good, it’s that all the top teams hoover up those strikers who might otherwise play at a smaller club like ours. In the old days, the great leveller was the fact that big or small you could still only field 11 players and it was usually the same 11 too each week. Now, 3rd, 4th, 5th in line for the no.9 shirt are very happy to be as such because the pay is so eye wateringly different. 20-30 years ago they’d be leading the line at another club.

Same with the top English youngsters coming through. All hoovered up by the top teams and most of them barely getting any first team experience bar perhaps the league cup. Surely they'd be better off at a club like ours where theyd gain more experience and game time, but we all know that won't happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps we should sort out shifts at various hospitals around the world, to boo the maternity wards. A number of those buggers are going to grow up and sign for us eventually...

Perhaps we just have to have shifts at every hospital waiting for Winstano to come in with a ream of paper and a pen.
After all hospitals would seem to be where he does his scouting.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Perhaps we just have to have shifts at every hospital waiting for Winstano to come in with a ream of paper and a pen.
After all hospitals would seem to be where he does his scouting.

Except this isn’t even remotely true even for strikers. The fitness of Albion’s new signings in the last few years and games missed is tiny compared to other clubs . (1st in the champ in 16/17, 3rd in the prem in 17/18)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here comes the fun sponge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope you don't mind me asking but do you have some form of Posting Tourette's Syndrome whereby you feel compelled to continually post without any modicum of humour or insight?

Just asking like :shrug:
That's tough to answer!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hemed was used in a very similar way. Man City at home. Tottenham away. Chelsea home and away, didn't get a sniff, fans used this as more evidence for getting rid, casting off to championship and sticking with Murray. It's why fan reaction to Locadia yesterday is so predictable. We've seen it before.

Actually Hemed DID. Against Chelsea he missed a GLORIOUS chance for a far post header, if Glenn was there that spelt GOAL. Also Spurs away gilt edged chance fell to him so he tapped it straight at the keeper. Again if FFS was there 1-1.

In fairness to Locadia (and Im no fan of his) he didn't even get that one chance that Hemed did in those two games.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
He seems to have vision and pace that our other players are unaware of. By the time he's made the run, the ball still hasn't been played and he's off side. If only our other players has his abilities he'd have been 1 on 1 a few times at City.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Based on his form at PSV (not a small club), I'm clinging to the hope that he's a confidence player who just needs something to go right. He needs one to go in off his arse or something, because he's been toilet most of the time and has only been "the team average" at best. I just don't want to write him off just yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here