Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
He seems to have vision and pace that our other players are unaware of. By the time he's made the run, the ball still hasn't been played and he's off side. If only our other players has his abilities he'd have been 1 on 1 a few times at City.

Now that is classic. Vision and pace beyond the ability of the rest of the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Based on his form at PSV (not a small club), I'm clinging to the hope that he's a confidence player who just needs something to go right. He needs one to go in off his arse or something, because he's been toilet most of the time and has only been "the team average" at best. I just don't want to write him off just yet.

In the Argus it quotes that Mr Hughton was very pleased with his performance on Saturday. The Man obviously knows nothing.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
In the Argus it quotes that Mr Hughton was very pleased with his performance on Saturday. The Man obviously knows nothing.

He is a great man manager, a good 'on-message' club man, and obviously wants to protect his big money signing from near-inevitable criticism of his performance from the press and social media. That is simply good, professional management - it doesn't mean that CH really thinks that Locadia played well on Saturday, when most impartial viewers would say otherwise. Whether he says so or not, CH must be concerned that Locadia is one of the few that our scouts have got wrong, but hoping that with time he can turn the corner. Fingers crossed that he is right.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
His strengths are his pace and movement when facing the goal, not hold up play with his back to goal.
We need to adapt our play away from home so that we play the ball over the top for him to turn the away defence and allow the rest of the team to move up.
He makes the runs but the midfield just go square or backwards.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
His strengths are his pace and movement when facing the goal, not hold up play with his back to goal.
We need to adapt our play away from home so that we play the ball over the top for him to turn the away defence and allow the rest of the team to move up.

Reason #9
We haven’t adapted our play.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That was the identical argument made by CMS admirers. Poyet and Garcia ruined a 'great talent'.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think we'll see a truer reflection of what CH actually thou hit of high isn't performance when we see the starting 11 and the bench on Friday evening.

re: What Chris said about JL. This is what he actually said.

""I thought he did well.
"Whoever was going to play you knew it was going to be a difficult game and they would have to do their running without the majority of the ball.
"That was the reason (he started). I thought it was a good opportunity to freshen things up a little bit, give Glenn a rest. I was really pleased with Jurgen's contribution."

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Crikey. So we are not only a club that always plays with only one striker (or two, with Murray playing every game), but also we only ever play the same guys? I suspect the days of the first eleven, which plays week in week out (Sprake, Cooper, Reanney, Charlton, Hunter, Bremner, Giles Grey, Clark, Jones, Lorrimer - took 20 seconds to type that from memory - now do that with 'the' Albion side of the last 5 years) are.....long gone. As the season progresses different players will be picked based on the judgement of the manager. They won't get a set number of run outs, then become either a first elven fixture or loaned out to QPR or Reading. We are *cough* in th PL now *cough*.

Oh brilliant - this is worth a thread all of its own for those of us who recite the one-to-elevens of yesteryear. I offer:

Clemence, Lawler, Lindsay, Smith, Lloyd, Hughes, Keegan, Cormack, Heighway, Toshack, Callaghan,

And we'd need Michael Palin's Hagerty F, Hagerty R etc..... from Ripping Yarns. Some of the funniest stuff

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh brilliant - this is worth a thread all of its own for those of us who recite the one-to-elevens of yesteryear. I offer:

Clemence, Lawler, Lindsay, Smith, Lloyd, Hughes, Keegan, Cormack, Heighway, Toshack, Callaghan,

And we'd need Michael Palin's Hagerty F, Hagerty R etc..... from Ripping Yarns. Some of the funniest stuff

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I heard Locadia's form is a little off, because the club are making him wear different boots.

The stopwatch is running [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Onside for dayz.

I liked the way Carragher decided to ignore that in commentary and say ‘Correct decision, Murray was clearly off’ :facepalm:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Onside

Schmeichel; Neville, Johnsen, Stam, Irwin; Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs; Cole, Yorke

Treble-winning team.

Although they only started one game together, so I suppose this doesn't count :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here