Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray and Knocky

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Outstanding. Funny how the two players who I thought might not show up this season have been so important. Wonderful to watch both of them.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Knocky took the game by the scruff of the neck 2nd half, absolutely brilliant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Outstanding. Funny how the two players who I thought might not show up this season have been so important. Wonderful to watch both of them.

Yep, can’t be arsed to trawl back through and bump all the posts that said Murray wouldn’t match last season... Murray is currently the Premier League’s top scoring Englishman!!!

Not bad for someone who is past it...

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Knocky has improved his game immensely this season, especially away from home. I would like to see his pitch coverage stats against last year. He was our best player by a country mile tonight. As someone on another thread said last year he would have lost his cool. Him and AJ should be starting together. I think Bruno should be back again as he links up well with him. Not sure Montoya has that same understanding although he is playing ok.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've always felt that if he could add focus and control to his passion and work rate he could be the player we all hoped he would be when we came up.

Showed that today, very pleased for him, he leaves everything on the pitch and deserves to fulfil his potential.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Proof that CH did the right thing dragging him off vs Fulham. Must have had the desired effect because we didn’t see the hard done by Frenchman at all tonight. He was a big part in dragging us back into the game and I didn’t see any histrionics at all. Hope he can keep it up now.

Murray and his continual closing down of players puts some of the others to shame, what energy for an old man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Proof that CH did the right thing dragging him off vs Fulham. Must have had the desired effect because we didn’t see the hard done by Frenchman at all tonight. He was a big part in dragging us back into the game and I didn’t see any histrionics at all.
He threw his arms up a couple of times. Had he not have played so well and saved us a point, you'd be calling that histrionics again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He threw his arms up a couple of times. Had he not have played so well and saved us a point, you'd be calling that histrionics again.

You are picking on the wrong poster here, massive AK fan who can see his temperament sometimes overrides his footballing brain. I agreed with CH subbing him last week only because he was a sending off waiting to happen and we’d be missing him for at least a game. On current form we can’t do without him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's because we know nothing about football. None of us. Fact. :lolol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Knocky always tried to take the game to them. Looking like he belongs in Prem League

And he seems to have lost that degree of petulance he previously displayed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Knocky was the main reason we got a point last night. He was magnificent in the second half. Great attitude and ability, he was the driving force for the whole team.

I actually didn’t think Murray had a great game but the man’s got balls.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Knocky always tried to take the game to the opposition last season, I personally don't see much difference in his game from this year to last, other than as a team we are trying to win the ball back a bit higher up the pitch which will help all of our attacking players.

He is always our spark, always the one to make something happen, of course its not going to work all the time but at least he is trying to create, we are always a better side when he is in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are picking on the wrong poster here, massive AK fan
I'm not exactly picking on you, I don't agree with part of your post, that's all. It wasn't working out for Knocky against Fulham. IMO that's not because he was being histrionic, it's just that he wasn't playing as well as he liked. By contrast he was great yesterday, but that's just how it is sometimes for a footballers like Knocky, and I don't think it's because of Chris dragging his off last game. Knocky himself will know he wasn't playing well last time, he doesn't need to be told, and he's desperate to do well. This time round he was great, but it's not to do with histrionics.

And he'll have bad games again, but that won't suddenly mean he's not a team player, or that he's being a diva etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Knocky was the main reason we got a point last night. He was magnificent in the second half. Great attitude and ability, he was the driving force for the whole team.
Agreed.

I actually didn’t think Murray had a great game but the man’s got balls.
Well it was a bit difficult for him in the first half, when the rest of the team were struggling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here