Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray and Knocky

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not exactly picking on you, I don't agree with part of your post, that's all. It wasn't working out for Knocky against Fulham. IMO that's not because he was being histrionic, it's just that he wasn't playing as well as he liked. By contrast he was great yesterday, but that's just how it is sometimes for a footballers like Knocky, and I don't think it's because of Chris dragging his off last game. Knocky himself will know he wasn't playing well last time, he doesn't need to be told, and he's desperate to do well. This time round he was great, but it's not to do with histrionics.

And he'll have bad games again, but that won't suddenly mean he's not a team player, or that he's being a diva etc.

Did you see Knocky’s attitude at being taken off against Fulham? If that wasn’t histrionics I don’t know what was. It was great to see Knocky with arm around Hughton at the end of last nights game.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Not Knockeart's biggest fan, especially after his pure stupidity and immaturity at Everton away last year. But he's massively improved this year, and like others have mentioned, seems to have less attitude. Long may it continue

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you see Knocky’s attitude at being taken off against Fulham?
No, what did he do? And (meant sincerely) what's that got to do with things? Presumably he was annoyed during the game that things weren't coming off for himself, and in his mind he'd have had a vision of how he was going to put things right and help us get something out of the game - to then realise his time is up, and he's coming off, presumably annoyed him. I'm fine with that, and I assume he didn't overstep the mark or Chris wouldn't have picked him for yesterday.

And my point is that his histrionics aren't stopping him playing well, it's the other way around. When he doesn't play well he's more likely to throw his arms around in frustration.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you see Knocky’s attitude at being taken off against Fulham? If that wasn’t histrionics I don’t know what was. It was great to see Knocky with arm around Hughton at the end of last nights game.

Histrionics yes, but we really don't know the root cause - pissed off with himself, Hughton, someone else ? At being subbed ? At letting his temper get to him and losing his cool ? Combination of all of these ? Suspect these things with Knocky are very fleeting.........strikes me as a bit child-like in some ways - wants his own way, to be top dog etc and prone to quickly losing his rag when things don't go well but sit him down with a biscuit after the game and he's fine again. CH was 100% right to take him off against Fulham, but I'm not sure it had any impact on how he played last night - things went his way, he'll know he had a good game therefore no petulance shown. Hughton knows exactly how to handle him I'm sure, and he knows he's our talisman.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Watched the saints game again just now. Knocky our stand out player. Never stops trying. Think Duffy has also improved considerably this season. Glenn is having a blast.

Many of the others need to step up a notch, particularly central midfield which looked even worse the second tine around.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, what did he do? And (meant sincerely) what's that got to do with things? Presumably he was annoyed during the game that things weren't coming off for himself, and in his mind he'd have had a vision of how he was going to put things right and help us get something out of the game - to then realise his time is up, and he's coming off, presumably annoyed him. I'm fine with that, and I assume he didn't overstep the mark or Chris wouldn't have picked him for yesterday.

And my point is that his histrionics aren't stopping him playing well, it's the other way around. When he doesn't play well he's more likely to throw his arms around in frustration.

:goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here